Sign in to follow this  
Guest LuZi_

Why are people that stupid?

Guest LuZi_

I tried out Cd Burner XP.

Pretty good program that could be a full replacement of Nero/WinOnCD.

I just checked the Forum and saw that only donators have access to the betaversion of Version 3.

I have to say to the developers, do you not think that it is a bit rude that beta testers have to pay?

Betatesters try out the Software and only because of their feedback you can fix all bugs that were discovered by the betatesters.

What you are doing is rude. But why are the people in this forum so stupid and are also paying for a beta release???

Very weird comunity if you ask me........

I want to say that beta testers are persons that you have to thank. They try to improvew your buggy Software, and you let them pay for that.

Think about your policy.

Best Regards

LuZi

Guest UnrealNeil

Donors are people that care, they are people that respect and honour the work that's gone into the project so far.

A donor (IMHO) is a rare person and any developer, would like some way to reward a donor, a chance to thank them for helping to make things possible.

Being a beta tester for any developer is a privilage, a chance to preview a new product, a chance to be ahead of everyone else. I would love the opertunity to be a Beta tester (I am for a number of MS products) and revell in the glory of having helped in the development (which I can't do) of a product that I love and use.

But alas, I am not a donor - but then I am also not a whinger, whiner or complainer. So I will happily sit here with my mouth shut, using 2.2.9, delighted that it's free, delighted that I didn't have to pay and paitently wait for the developer (who I highly respect) to release the product that he loves, we he is ready.

I do not think that there are any stupid people here.

@LuZi

You seem to misunderstand something. You don't have to pay to become a beta tester, but you get access to latest beta versions as little "reward" for donating. UnrealNeil is totally right.

You don't have to use this "buggy" software, this software is a project of 2 guys with the help of many many people and they use this software because they want to use it!

And they don't have to use the beta versions, but they want to!

Guest LuZi_

If you would have read my post you see that i really like this tool.

there are only good things to report about this tool. i mean it is freeware, it can do nearly the same thing as nero, and the develepmont has not szopped yet. you see i really thank the coders for giving this tool to us without making any profit.

but u see the normal versions are free, and you have to donate to get a betaversion. i think when everybody could access the betas more people with different pc configurations testet the tool, so there are less problems because the people will feedback you because of the bugs. and in every software are bugs, in the programs by the best codes in the world are bugs. but i think making betas public you could get much fewer bugs in a release though. maybe the topic was a bit wrong named. sorry for that. i will continue using this software because i really like and i want to help to improve it. and i am sure that i am not the only one....

Just be thankful its freeware

beta versions are buggy anyway, wouldnt you want to be burning your cd's with the latest stable version? or are you just curious?

:wink:

Sooner or later you will get a beta version, but you have to understand that it would be quite boring for a Donor becoming one if there were no beta versions (only for Donors of course).