Sign in to follow this  
Guest k1ll3rdr4g0n

License question

Guest k1ll3rdr4g0n

I am reviewing the license and it says

You must:

make reference to this Licence (by Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), spoken word or as appropriate to the media used) on all copies of the Work and Collective Works published, distributed, performed or otherwise disseminated or made available to the public by You;

recognise the Licensor's / Original Author's right of attribution in any Work and Collective Work that You publish, distribute, perform or otherwise disseminate to the public and ensure that You credit the Licensor / Original Author as appropriate to the media used; and

to the extent reasonably practicable, keep intact all notices that refer to this Licence, in particular the URI, if any, that the Licensor specifies to be associated with the Work, unless such URI does not refer to the copyright notice or licensing information for the Work.

Does that mean I need to put the license on every CD/DVD I make with the application or only if I redistribute the application?

Guest k1ll3rdr4g0n
The application does have multiple references to the license by default. If you do not remove them (which wouldn't be allowed anyway), it's fine.

Wait, so I have to burn a copy of the license on every disk I make with CDBurnerXP?

Guest k1ll3rdr4g0n
No, of course not. That wouldn't make sense ;)

A lot of things don't make sense to me, but that is the way of life. The only reason why I am asking is because I want to install it onto a laptop that is not owned by me (wont say the institution, but there are certain license restrictions)

My concern is that -

Under the creative commons license does it make it 100% free, without royalties, and we don't have to inform you of each install we do? We aren't going to redistribute it or make money by using it; so that shouldn't be an issue.

Guest k1ll3rdr4g0n
I don't even want to know all installations happening.

So I'll take that its 100% free and royalty free?