Sign in to follow this  
offthehook

Deploying CDBurnerXP Pro Silently

Does anyone know if there is a way to deploy CDBurner XP Pro v4.2.1 silently without the NMSAccessU service included? I know you can use the /SAVEINF="default.cfg" switch to record your install configuration, but that fails to record the service removal. Any ideas?

Mark

:firefox:

Yes, I tried that very procedure but the service was still installed, regardless. Have you tested this yourself? Do you know if there is an entry in the default.cfg that specifies whether the service is to be installed or not? Thanks!

Mark Dean

:firefox:

This is my default.cfg and it does not install NMSaccessu. This with the latest 4.2.1.919 installer.

The part to add is "Components=main,nmsaccess"

[setup]

Lang=English

Dir=C:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP

Group=CDBurnerXP

NoIcons=0

SetupType=custom

Components=main,nmsaccess

Tasks=fileassoc,isoassoc

M

Sorry I had my info backwards.

If you have the nmsaccess in the components line IT WILL INSTALL nmsaccess. I ment to say take out the nmsaccess like the following

Components=main

M

Thank you! It appears that I found a bug in an earlier version I was using, 4.0.024. I tried the procedure you suggested with that version, but it failed to remove the service. However, when I used the same method with version 4.2.1.919, it worked perfectly. Thanks for help! :D

Mark