Sign in to follow this  
floele

CDBurnerXP 4.2.1.919

I've just released a new version of CDBurnerXP. There are primarily bug fixes in this release, but we also got a localised installer. It has not yet been translated to all languages though.

The past releases had problems especially with burning MP3 files as audio disc, this release should put an end to them. However, I could only add a workaround, with the downside that all MP3 files go through some preprocessing which will take somewhat longer than before. The real solution is yet to be delivered by Numedia Soft (who are the developers of the burning library).

Guest BeWuP

"!Fixed (or rather, added a workaround) for VBR MP3 files" - finaly!

The time consuming "anazylizng mp3s" (loose translation) BEFORE user press "Burn" button is rather unfortunate though.

Guest BeWuP

Not this one. The one after I choose "Burn" - "Advanced" (not "close the disc" and not "leave open"). Then a popup window appears with tracks list and green-blue progress bars next to each track name. This one takes a while. It would be a good idea to move this process after actual burn process starts to avoid forcing user to wait for processes he has no control on.

Despite this, now when burning CD-AUDIO discs works, it is a great piece of software you've created!

Actually, this process would not be necessary if the burning library did not rely on some M$ components to process the audio files. The next version of their library intends to get rid of that problem altogether.

Great work, thank you for fast response!

Only wma to Audio Disc give the same results without audio, but thats not important... ;-)

Thank you, great peace of software!

babagum

Guest BeWuP
Actually, this process would not be necessary if the burning library did not rely on some M$ components to process the audio files. The next version of their library intends to get rid of that problem altogether.

Does akhemNero perform similar process? I don't remember if it does or not.

Have I said that You've created a GREAT piece of software already? Yep, I did and I will say it again ;) I definitely WILL spread the good word about CDBurnerXP. Along with Opera, OpenOffice, FoxitReader and COMODO.

Guest akbar

Hi

I use CDBurnerXp on a Windows Vista machine. When I first installed the program, I chose only German & Romanian languages. All went OK, burn couple discs.

Recently, when I updated the program an installed, I saw that you added a few more languages. Weird, but were selected by default in the installation process. So, every time I install an update I must uncheck some languages.

Is this done on purpose, for the users to see the changes?!

Recently I updated the firmware on my ASUS DVD driver, hope to get better times in the burning process. Usually it takes about 30-40 mins to burn a DVD5 disc on a 4X speed. Yes, it's an external drive, but it's too much :)

Cheers

Guest DaveM

My CDBurnerXP has stoped responding. This happened after I accepted the Microsoft SP3 upload. Does 4.2.1.919 help with this problem?

Guest Anon

Thanks for the rapid amount of updates. It's great for an app like this to be out there and still maintained.

Guest jstart

I downloaded this version as I was getting fed up with Nero v6.something making DVD coasters when attempting to burn single data files greater than about 2GB - would fail to read source file, even when stored locally on hard drive (which was checked for errors), and would fail to do a direct disc copy.

This software did a great job at converting DVD to ISO image and then burning image to DVD - it's quicker than Nero v6.x, but it does hammer the CPU usage harder - I can highly recommend it.

Now my problem: I made a data disc of a directory on my pc containing about 5,700 files, totalling around 4GB - this burnt onto DVD with no issues, but at some point in the verification process the computer completely freezed, with the CPU maxed out, and totally unrepsonsive to CTRL+ALT+DEL. After restarting pc, I used some other piece of saoftware to do a CRC check with the original and copy - this show no errors, so it must be an issue with the verification process.

My machine: XP Pro SP3 on Athlon XP 3200+, 1GB RAM, 1x Liteon CD burner, 1x Liteon DVD burner.

Guest Arnaldo Moraes

Oi amigos.

pela primeira vez um programa excelente para gravação, em vários idiomas e o mais importante

completamente gratuito. nota 10 para o CDBurnerXP.

sou Tècnico em T.I

sempre recomendo este software aos meus clientes

pcarnaldo@gmail.com

Brasil - São Paulo - SP

Guest ls

step by step we watch this great software develop into a burning animal!

I wanna tell you.. you're doing a hell of a job! keep it up :)

Guest mr_sten

Problem, efter en bränd CD vid uppspelnig, "Ingen disc i spelaren" på (vanlg CD-spelare) kan inte läsa.

Åtgärd:

Stoppa in en ny CD i datorn.

Klicka längst upp på "Medium"

Välj "Bränn skiva"

Klicka på "Ändra avancerade inställningar"

Ändra "Brännhastighet" till 8x

Tryck längst ner "Starta bränning"

Det förinställda är 24x brännhastighet. Då fungerar det inte på vanlg CD-spelare.