Sign in to follow this  
razor436

Warning/Renaming invalid file names

Currently, there is only one missing feature that caused me to abandon CDBurnerXP.

I copied over a folder to burn on CD and, inexplicably, CDBurnerXP showed that folder with a smaller disk size. Eventually, I discovered that some of the files that I wanted burned were missing. (Note: all this is happening before the burning phase.)

After using another program, I learned that the reason those files were missing in CDBurnerXP was because those file's names were too long.

What I would like to see as a feature is that whenever a filename is not a valid ?Joliette? filename (illegal characters or too long), then the program should give a warning for each violating file and offer to add that file to the disk with a truncated filename.

CDBurnerXP should rename those files automatically.

yes, this "auto renaming" has happened to me, and I don't like it.

is it possible to add an option to disable this feature, and instead

make cd burner xp ask the user to manually rename each file, just

before burning the disc ?

thanks.

ok, I will wait.

by the way, when deciding about implementing this feature please consider this scenario:

Just before burning a disc I use QuickSFV (http://www.quicksfv.org) to create MD5

checksums for all the files on the disc. This tool creates a text file containing the file

names and their checksum.

Unfortunately some file names are too long to be burned on a DVD, and CD Burner XP

auto renames these files.

Now the file with the checksums is useless, because it contains the old longer names,

and I cannot use QuickSFV to check the data on the disc.

Thanks.

Guest qwelnor

I have the same problem.

So I vote for changing the behaviour too.

I need to know that file / folder names on cd won't be the same as in source before they are burned on medium.

Anohter example where auto rename function breaks functionality are hyperlinks in html files.

Hi people, I'm a new user of CdBurner, I've a question for you, before I burn my audio cd I can't read or see the name of my files. Is that right? What should I do? Please help my...Thank you all!!!