Sign in to follow this  
Spoony

Notification for large files (UDF file system)

Hey,

I would recommend a warning if files are larger than ISO/Joilet specs allow (2 gigs I think).

Didn't know this restriction and burned a 3GB file with ISO/joilet file system and the dvd wasn't readable in my normal dvd drive (writer read it though)...I almost changed back to Nero because CDBurnerXP was no longer able to erase the RW (CDBXP blocked my writer and I had to reset the pc...Nero was able to...) and no one told me that I must use UDF for such large files...so a little message when adding such files would be nice ;)

I'm certainly not the only person out there who don't/didn't know this restriction!

Thanks in advance.

greetings

I have hit the same problem. I was burning BlueRay disk, and I completely forgot about UDF so I got ISO with "large" files. Now disk is not usable, as all file sizes are "truncated" to max value. Why couldn't CDBurnerXP prevent me from writing such invalid compilation?

Yes apparently the 4GB file limitation warning is broken because StarBurn does no longer generate an error for this case. I'm currently letting StarBurn investigate this, I might have to add a workaround though for the next version.