[C] Can not slow down - CDBurnerXP always uses high speed

Guest Jesiros

CDBurnerXP 4.3.27.2423 x64

DVD drive NEC AD-7200S

OS Windows 7 64 bit

Запись DVD с данными на скорости 4х производится за подозрительно короткое время 4 минуты. Баг?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Hello,

can't select the burn speed in copy mode too, it's preselected for 48x, no other values available. (As there is only one DVD drive mounted to the system the source CD/DVD is in the drive when I'm starting the copy.)

XP Prof latest, CDBurnerXP latest, LG GH22LS50.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest psdie

Hi all - to confirm, the issue of not being able to override burn speed when burning a data disc appears to still be present in the latest v4.3.8.2474 (Win 7 64-bit). "Number of copies" appears instead of "Override burn speed" and there's only one burn speed (usually too high) available in the speed box.

See here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8185

Cheers, Ben

• 1 month later...
Guest ejay

Same here on a brand new samsung writer. The only speed available in the drop-down menu is x22 (when burning files as data).

Vendor: TSSTcorp

Model: CDDVDW SH-S223C

• 4 months later...
Guest Banndit

I am using 4.3.2538 on WinXP Pro SP3 with all latest patches ,etc with a BenQ DW-1655 DVD burner.

When choosing the burn ISO method, it will not let me choose any other speed other than maximum, but it shows up as 48x (not 16x).

Guest Banndit
If you have the issue in ISO or audio burning (not "data compilation"), please create a log file: http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/18

Also state which type of disc you inserted, the list of speeds available and the speed you would want to choose.

I almost always burn DVD+R, usually FUJI, on an IDE Benq DW1655 on WinXPPro 32bit Sp3. (Athlon64 dual core 4400 S939).

The only speed now available for burning an ISO is 48x.

The ISO happened to be Win7-64-w/SP1 (and yes, it's a legit MSDN-AA download, not pirated).

So that is 3.09Gb, so it's a DVD, so the 48x listed would be like for a cd, so if anything it should show 16x for DVD or something.

I would always want to be able to burn as slow as possible, like 1x would be good. Not sure what changed between versions but it used to allow me to choose 4x.

Thanks.

Guest Banndit
Hm, if you get 48x, that seems a little strange. Did you actually insert a DVD before selecting the speeds? Has the correct drive been selected?

Hi.

Correct drive definitely selected since I only have one DVD burner.

I too thought that maybe if a DVD wasn't selected it would default to CD speeds, but...

a: I tried it both with and without a DVD inserted and it didn't make any difference.

b: if there was no disc inserted, I would think it should properly detect type of disc once inserted.

Thanks.

Just in case that disc auto detection is not working for you, do you also get the 48x speed if you insert a DVD-R before launching CDBurnerXP?

Hi. I only have DVD+R discs - does it matter?

So I tried this about 10 times, including after re-boots, etc. and choosing burn ISO.

But with those DVD+R (usually Fuji) if the DW1655 has one in it before launching CDBurner then about 2/3 of the time CDBurner will correctly show DVD burn speeds (e.g. 2.4x, 4x), but not always. If a DVD+R is inserted after CDBurner is started, then it usually only shows 48x.

This didn't used to happen, so I speculate some CDBurner update is the 'problem', but I don't often burn ISO so I don't know when/which update it would have been.

Thanks

Guest Lolo

Flo,

For Audio Full Copy, I found since many versions a trick which works fine, but which is annoying :

1) start Copy or Grab disc

2) click 'Copy Disc' with original audio CD

3) wait til new media is requested

4) Cancel

Now in Copy Options tab, all speeds appears and I can select lower speed for burning !!!

It's looks like if you correctly detect the speeds after drive use.

Could it be a forced parameter ?

My wish for CD Audio is to have best quality (low speed reading and low speed writing to avoid hardware CRC algorithms)

Thanks

V4.3.8.2568 Portable 64

• 2 months later...

Some users have mentioned that they can't change the drive burn speed. While working on the problem I'm having I found a condition where I was unable to change the drive speed. Fortunately I figured out why it was happening.

How this happened to me:

- start burning a data CD,

- the burn errors,

- I click ok and the disk is ejected,

- back in the burn window the "Burn Options" is displayed as 'Maximum"

- until I put a disc in the drive the "Burn Options" is displayed as 'Maximum"

If the drive is open I suggest changing the wording from "Maximum" to something like "Unknown-no disc'.

Bret

• 1 month later...

I'm having this issue as well, this is my first time using this program. I wanted to burn video to a disc and need to do this at 4x to prevent audio/video sync issues. I clicked burn and received no options but the disc just started burning. CDBurnerXP has just destroyed two of my dvds.. My pc spec is as follows:

CD Burner XP Version: 4.4.0.2838 - Fresh download today

Windows 7 6.1 Build 7600

Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 3.00ghz

4gb DDR II Ram

160gb HDD Sata II

500gb HDD Sata II

XFX Geforce 9600 GT XXX Edition 512mb

DataWrite Titanium DVDs 4.7gb 16x

NetGear Nas Duo (Where the data is being written from)

Use "advanced options" if you want to manually set the burning speed.

Hi Flo. Do you mean this window?

burnoptions.png?w=520

When I click on "burn" I am not allowed to edit any of these options, it just goes straight to burning the disc. Consequently I end up with discs burnt at 16x every time.

So don't you get this window? If you don't input more information, I cannot help you at all. Consider that rude if you like, but considering that you get both CDBXP as well as support for free, I think you are in no position to complain ;)

So don't you get this window? If you don't input more information, I cannot help you at all. Consider that rude if you like, but considering that you get both CDBXP as well as support for free, I think you are in no position to complain ;)

Whether it's free or not, if a company was rude to me I would rather not use the software. I did ask the question politely. Getting back to CDBurnerXP, I had a close look around for "advanced options" but couldn't see a menu by that name. Then I found this post which is exactly the same problem I'm having:

http://forum.cdburnerxp.se/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11052

Then I found "let me choose advanced settings" after clicking burn and I knew what you meant from before. In future I'll just use this option. Thank you for providing the solution.

Whether it's free or not, if a company was rude to me I would rather not use the software.

Sure, but I don't think I have been rude at all.

Then I found "let me choose advanced settings" after clicking burn and I knew what you meant from before.

Why didn't you notice this option before? Does it only appear if you press a certain button?