Sign in to follow this  
BoostMan

CDBurnerXP 4.2.1.919 - I need to kill process

Hi,

this a rather less important bug (maybe you will not see it as a bug):

When I burned a DVD and closed the info box which told me how long it took I came back into the enhanced mode where it is possible to burn another DVD with my selection.

I keep this dialog open. Instead, I delete the folder I just burned via the Windows Explorer. Now, returning to CDBurnerXP it is not possible anymore to close and leave the selection dialog of CDBurnerXP which is still open as I told you. The only of leaving your tool is to kill the process.

All the best,

BoostMan

Hi,

so I will try to explain it all better :) ...

Ok, I am burning a data compilation taking all sub folders of a base folder. Let's say:

c:\temp\pictures <-- I drag&drop the pictures folder into my disc collection to burn its content (not the temp folder with the picture folder).

Then I click burn in the toolbar and get this dialog:

helios.zippicture2.png[/attachment]

I click ok, the DVD is ejected and i am back at my burning dialog (first picture).

NOW, I close my cd-rom with the freshly burned DVD and start verify my data with another tool STILL with CDBurnerXP and the last dialog open. When my verify is done, I close this other tool AND delete the complete folder via the Explorer (I delete the temp folder.) The content of this folder is deleted (the pictures sub-folder) but the base folder is still locked by CDBurner.

And when I get back to CDBurner and try to cancel the still open dialog - I can't...I need to kill the CDBurner process.

I hope this makes the situation clearer. Otherwise let me know :D

Oh I have just tested: You can easily reproduce this without burning. Create a folder temp and and sub folder pictures. Drag&drop the pictures folder to your disc collection and click burn. Now delete the temp folder... you can only delete the content of temp but not temp itself and you are stuck in the burn disc dialog.

Greetings...

Hmm, strange!

The folder is definitely not locked by another tool...I checked this.

So, I will try tomorrow on another machine to see if this only appears at my home pc because of some strange configurations...

But if you can't reproduce this....

In earlier versions I could close the dialog and then I returned to the data compilation screen. But your tool mentioned that the dir is missing at poped up a message box and I can't clean the compilation anymore...it looked to me that CDBurner locked the dir because it is still - for the tool - in use with my actual disc selection (maybe still looking for the dir or it locking the reference dir which i deleted meanwhile...).

Anyway, this is no NULL-Pointer failure :D

Hrm, no, I don't think that the application is still "holding" that folder in one way or another - in any case it shouldn't.

Ha, I found out what drives me mad... :D

There's a critcial messagebox behind the BURN DISC dialog called FileView1.

"Auf c:\temp kann nicht zugeriffen werden.

Zugriff verweigert."

(recht hat sie ja, die kleine Box... :wink: )

And because this MessageBox got the focus I can't close the burn disc dialog (sadly it is hidden behind the dialog).

It is the same problem (for me) like the dialog which ask me what to do when I insert a DVD+RW with data. If

CDBurnerXP is not the application with the focus the DVD+RW "what to do next" dialog is gone (maybe also behind

the main window of CDBurnerXP - i dod not check this...I use the ALT-TAB to get it back).

Maybe a non modal dialog would help?!

Anyway, conclusion: No need to kill the process. Just to move the burn disc dialog.

Sorry for this and thanks for your time!

~BoostMan

This would be related to the selection within the file and folder view controls. Can you possisbly tell me which folders you have opened at which time?

Hi,

Maybe, this happens because the folder I want to delete is still selected by CDBurnerXP?! Take a look the screenshots...

In the first one my parent folder named a is highlighted (I just added his sub folder b to my disc.

[attachment=1]picture_3.png[/attachment]

Now, I go to the Explorer and delete a. The folder a can not be deleted - it is locked by CDBurnerXP. Instead I receive your message box... (But there's no problem in deleting the content of folder a. In this case the sub folder named b).

[attachment=0]picture_4.png[/attachment]

Your fileview1 locks the folder. If I highlight another folder, e.g. Temp and try to delete folder a via the Explorer I have no problems!!

I think because fileview1 shows not just a name representation of the file structures of my drives this behavior makes sense (you are using some functions of the windows system library for fileview1, aren't you?!).

Maybe it is possible to show the critical message box always on top of CDBurnerXP so that it won't appear behind a dialog (like behind the burn disc dialog - hard to find :wink: )?

Ok, I hope you understand what I am trying to say. I understand the reason of this all :D

All the best, BoostMan.

I am sorry...I think I can't help you any further to describe this behavior.

It happens on two different computers (but both with WinXP SP3 & .NET 3.5 SP1).

If I open the folder a, so that it is still highlighted (!) in CDBurnerXP,

and then open Windows Explorer to delete a, the folder a

will not disappear in Windows Explorer until I confirm the appeared

message box in CDBurnerXP.

Anyway, thanks for your time! If you still got a question regarding this feel

free to ask. But I think there are a lot of more important things to fix than

this. I think this post is CLOSED.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.