Sign in to follow this  
Guest AfterBurn

CDBurnerXP has encountered a problem ...

Guest AfterBurn

Hello,

I had no problem installing the latest version cdbxp_setup_4.2.1.919.exe onto my WinXP Pro SP2 with all the latest patches. However, when I try to run it, I get this error, "CDBurnerXP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." And the only option I have is to Close the error window.

Can anyone give me an idea what to look for to make problem go away? I really really want to get CDBurnerXP to work on my computer. I have heard nothing but good things about the program.

Thanks in advance!

Usually, there is some kind of extended information on this error available. Maybe you can post some screenshots of this information, otherwise I can't know what is going on.

Guest AfterBurn

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. However, there is no other information, extended or otherwise. This is the only thing I see on that pop up error window.

CDBurnerXP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

There's the Close button to close it and that's it!

By the way, I originally have .Net 2.x but have since upgraded to .Net 3.5 Yet the exact problem continues.

Thanks for your help.

Maybe you've got conflicting programs like Comodo? Otherwise, a full uninstallation and reinstallation of .NET might help.

I'm running a dual boot sys (XP/Vista) with Comodo installed on both OS. CDburnerXP (latest vers) installed and runs without problems on XP and Vista.

What kind of conflicts are you refering to?

Comodo causes CDBXP not to work.

I guess we are not on the same page here.

I'm just running Comodo Fire Wall and there are no problems.

Perhaps you are refering to Comodo AV, etc?