Sign in to follow this  
C. D. R. Ipper

[C] Burning FLAC music & ReplayGain in 4.2.1.919

Hi Flo,

Thanks for the great program.

I'm having problems with applying the ReplayGain track gain values to burned CDs with FLAC encoded files. All of the FLACs have proper RG tags in them*. The CDBurnerXP RG option is set to use the track gain. The burned CD doesn't have applied track gains. :( I checked the "C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Temp\TempRips" folder before burning and the temp wav's had not been RG adjusted. I selected FLACs with RG track gain values ranging from -0.56 dB to -11.21 dB for testing this feature out.. so I'm totally confident that the RG values are not applied.

* example from one of the files using metaflac.exe --list --block-number=2:

comment[19]: REPLAYGAIN_REFERENCE_LOUDNESS=89.0 dB

comment[20]: REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=-7.50 dB

comment[21]: REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=0.99996948

comment[22]: REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=-7.51 dB

comment[23]: REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=1.00000000

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

That's strange!

Is replaygain being applied when the wav's are copied to the "TempRips" folder, i.e. before the burn window shows up? Got to be, coz I don't see that they're processed in any way after that.

I rather would not like to distribute copyrighted music. Although I could send one of the flac files straight to you for testing. How can I do this? Do you have a ftp server? The smallest file I found is ~15 MB. OR, can you share one of your working FLACs?

Also where's the log supposed to be when I turn on that option in the settings? I can't find it anywhere.

Is replaygain being applied when the wav's are copied to the "TempRips" folder, i.e. before the burn window shows up? Got to be, coz I don't see that they're processed in any way after that.

Nope, it's not.

I rather would not like to distribute copyrighted music. Although I could send one of the flac files straight to you for testing. How can I do this?

You can send me an email. But you can also create a FLAC file from free music, add the tags and send to me if it doesn't work. I guess that the tags and not the content of the file matter.

Also where's the log supposed to be when I turn on that option in the settings? I can't find it anywhere.

The log won't help here.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.