Sign in to follow this  
-rookies-

[Solved]Plz Help me Burn Video DVD

First of all, I must tell you that I try to read as much as I can. I spend 1 or 2 hours through forum & F.A.Q.

And I know there's tons of discussion about burning Video DVD. But I think I'm different.

I know CDBXP don't have conversion or code/decode abilities (Mr.Flo mentioned it somewhere ^^). So my problem, I think, isn't something about that.

Now I have Data from DVD (from VIDEO_TS folder), VIDEO_TS.xxx, VTS_01_0.xxx, VTS_01_x.VOB, that maybe all in the DVD. File VTS_01_x.VOB

can be play by WMP, MPC, VLC with no problem in sound and movie.

I want to burn these data to DVD for my distance cousin who has DVD Player (Not computer). First time,I think I can create VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders

then just put those files I have to /VIDEO_TS folder and burn it. But, yeah, it's don't work for sure. From this topic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=954&start=30 ichiban01 said :

Hi all. I have been seeing a lot of posts about how to do DVD Video here. I also saw the entry in the FAQ, and just wanted to add my $.05 to straighten some stuff out:

In no case, creating /VIDEO_TS and /AUDIO_TS ever makes a disc into a DVD-Video disc. So, anyone who has these folders ready for burning on their HDD, and expects to create a Data CD/DVD from them that will play back as DVD-Video: Forget it.

The DVD Video format roughly works as follows:

* Both the UDF and the ISO9660 file system specify the location of at least /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO.

* VIDEO_TS.IFO contains offsets (!) to (relevant parts of) VIDEO_TS.VOB, and VTS_0x_0.IFO

* VTS_0x_0.IFO contains offsets (!) to the relevant portion(s) of the VTS_0x_y.VOB files

* All offsets are forward pointers on the disc.

Older DVD players (and many recent ones) do not even use the file system on the disc to find any file except VIDEO_TS.IFO. From there, they just need to use the specified offsets to find the block addresses of the video and all data needed for playback.

This is the sole reason why just dumping VIDEO_TS.* and VTS*.* into a folder called /VIDEO_TS will not play back on most DVD players. Re-allocating the files in any other way than they are designed to be will cause the offsets inside the files to be 'off', and thus will cause playback problems with the disc.

Software like Nero will actually re-allocate the IFO and VOB files and either a) update the offsets inside these files to match the location of the files on disc, or B) allocate the files such that the relative offsets match the disc locations.

For the DVD Video players, the file system on the disc is mostly irrelevant. Not having a UDF filesystem on the disc actually doesn't matter that much to most DVD video players. Almost all support ISO9660 anyway, since they have to read your picture CDs and DivX CDs as well :)

Those DVD players that can play back a data disc with DVD Video files most probably cheat: If the pointers followed from the IFO files lead to insane/bad data these players will probably just use the file system to find the individual VOB files, and hope for the best playing just those.

He said I must re-allocate the IFO and VOB and either update the offsets inside these files to match the location of the files on disc, or allocate the files such that the relative offsets match the disc locations. Is it true? If it's true it's mean I can't burn correctly, right? If it's fault how can I burn?

Regards,

-Rookies-

P.S. As I told I want to make Video DVD for my distance cousin. It's mean I have no any DVD Players to test what I want. If I have one I won't annoy you all but test it myself and post the result for your advantage.

See the answers in this forum to my recent question on the same subject. It explains what you must do.

Tom

If you said so, please tell me am I right.

1.Run Program and choose Data Disc

2.Create folders AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.

3.Put all data I have in VIDEO_TS folder. (VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.VOB, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_0.VOB, VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB, VTS_01_4.VOB, VTS_01_5.VOB)

4.Disc --> File system --> I should choose ISO9660/Joliet (If I don't wrong Flo use to mention that some DVD Player can play UDF. So, how about I choosing ISO9660/UDF/Joliet? Is it can guarantee that all of DVD player can play it?)

5.Burn it without editing any options!!!

If I'm right, I don't want to worried about re-allocate the IFO and VOB file that ichiban01 mentioned, right?

Thanks for your answer and support. Many many thanks. ^^

Guest stompfrog

To Flo

DVD Flick is open source (released under the GPL I believe). Shouldn't be too hard to learn from and integrate this functionality into CDBurnerXP? I use CDBXP all the time - it's great! But it lacks this one feature that lots of people want... C'Mon, you'd be revered forever!

Regards

stompfrog

OK. My problem is I don't have a single .VOB file but all files of VIDEO_TS folder. As Barefoot_Tom said earlier (but is was disappear due to server maintenance or something) , I just want to use Video DVD Layout and choose all file I have. But CDBNXP allows me to choose just one file a time. So I try to add the others later but it didn't work. Please allow me to ask again. My methods that I mention earlier are right or wrong?

Regards,

-Rookies-

Guest stompfrog

Flo, yes it has burning functionality but it isn't CDBXP... The ability to burn DVD Video easily in CDBXP would make it a complete solution yes? Just a thought...

In any case, it can't be integrated into CDBurnerXP, because that would multiple the size of the CDBurnerXP setup package. It should, however, be documented in our help file that there is such a useful tool and how to use it.

You only have to choose a folder, not a file.

OK. I'm happy finally someone understand my problem. But as I tried to choose folder instead of files, all I got are files (named like all files I have) with 0 kb!?

(I use latest version) What happens with my computer? (Maybe I was cursed - -")

I'll try on another computer and tell you later.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

-Rookies-

Doesn't the DVD player play it after burning?

You made me notice that though it's o kb, total estimate size below was not! So I burnt it and sent to my cousin.

Yesterday he called me and told me good news, it's work.

Thanks for all of you especially you, Flo.

This CDBurnerXP is the best software in my heart!!

Regards,

-Rookies-

P.S. By the way. Is it (0 kb) called bug or not?