Sign in to follow this  
siliconbits

Recovering Data from DVD

My problem ressembles what many of you have endured. Burnt 6 DVD's with the latest 2.29 version. Turned out none of them was readable on my DVD-Writer Nec ND2500A even if there was no error message and the writing procedure was going on as usual. Using the 2.28 version yielded readable DVD's.

Now I would like to know how I can recover data that seems to be present on the "coasted" dvd's. I use Windows XP pro.

I know that it is a known bug or default or fault. My question is how to get my information back. I find it somewhat sad that there was no patch or faq or something like that to inform ppl that there is a major fault in the 2.2.9. Instead you just tell ppl to wait for next version. Will the next version allow me to recover the information on the DVD?

Isn't that strange that a software that much popular fails to do something it was designed to do firsthand. And most importantly, something concerning backup!

We are popular? :o On a serious note it is very strange indeed, 228 which burned your dvds alright and 229 which didnt. No major changes were made to the "burning" between those two so its very strange indeed it yields two completly dif results. You used same type of media in 228 as in 229 as well? All i can say is sorry for the inconvenience i guess oh and wait for nex...*coughs*

I did not changed anything. Same computer, same media. Problem occurred on DVD-R media and CD-R media. Now I just want to know if you can recover the information on the media or not since the burning process seemed to proceed normally last time and the media is not recognised as a blank one. Also look around the forum and you will see that many ppl seems to be hit by the same prob.