Sign in to follow this  
inpinotveritas

CDBurnerXP Hangs

Hello,

I just installed CDBurnerXP on my Vista Home Premium 32-bit system. I have a Memorex 16x DDL-IN internal drive connected via a external usb drive enclosure. When I select that I want to burn a Data DVD the software just hangs. It ends up "not responding" and I have to force quit the application.

I've tried using the windows interface to burn a DVD but I get nowhere. "My Computer" loads for a really long time then I open up the DVD burner drive where it says I can drag and drop files. I drag and drop files but they never show up and the computer doesn't process anything.

The Nero burning rom that was included with this drive is incompatible with vista. I tried nero 8 but it behaves strangely where it switches between "not responding" and "responding" continuosly.

The only program that I can burn a data dvd through is Microsoft Media Player. Even then it seems to take longer prepping the files than it should. Also it doesn't maintain the folder structure of my files. It makes the DVD have a folder for pictures, a folder for video and names the dvd with the date. I have the structure set up in the containing folder that I hoped would was going to be mimicked when I dragged and dropped the files into WMP.

Is this all due to the possibility that my drive is incompatable with Vista? I can't put this drive internally into my desktop as the motherboard only has SATA connectors. I'm considering getting a newer SATA drive.

Any help would be appreciated