Sign in to follow this  
Tafia

CD burnerXP will not write to DVD?

Hi folks,

Having used CDBurnerXP without a problem in the past, I am now having a problem copying files to DVD. I drag the files as normal then click Burn and then have various problems. First I had the blue screen of death, another time the PC froze and I had to turn off the power to shut it down.

My CD/DVD drive appears to be working OK as I can use the Windows XP CD writing wizard to copy back-ups to CD.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks

T

I've have similary problems on two PCs.

The main one:

Win7 pro 32

DVD-RAM LG GSA-4082B FW A201

CDBXP 4.4.02905

If I try to produce a DVD without closing it I always get the message that it's not a writable medium. But in the footer the status is DVD+R with free space of 4481,19 MB.

In addition to that I inspected some DVDs which have already been burned. In the Explorer window of CDBXP only one directory is shown. But there are in the medium information five sessions and the most curious thing is that the occupied space is 4.08GB and the free one -4280510.00 KB ! 8-((

Greetings

hike39

Now I've installed a newer DVD-RAM drive.

Due to the newer hardware and another driver software I'm now able to produce DVDs again.

But when I checked the DVDs I've burned with the old drive, I could suddenly see the other folders. But only within the lower part of the DCBXP window. The Window Explorer and upper part of CDBXP window shows only the content of the first session.

That's dubious!

Greetings

hike39

PS: Screens shots can be provided if there's interest for it.