Sign in to follow this  
DrSpanky

license agreement...

There is some inconsistency with the license. I havent checked the license for a while. Until today i have seen some changes in the changelog about this. So, the agreement screen in the installer says it's free for commercial use too. But then there is a CC license html in the program dir, that prohibits the commercial usage.

Personally, "commercial" usage of the software was always a bit weird description to me. At first i was thinking that i cant install it at work. But now it seems to mean, that you can't do a profit from it. But how can one do a profit from a software? If you install it on a PC in a cafe, and you charge the money for using that PC, you are making the profit from a PC, not from a software. You cant sell it or a part of it, it's not wearing of and you dont have to buy a license to use it.

Anyway. Now when we have two licenses, can i still use CDBurnerXP on the computers in my organization? We are not making a profit from our PCs (it's a social foundation actually), we are just using PCs to get our work done.

Guest Rob_010101

Hi,

Apologies if this isn't the correct forum for this request, but since you were discussing licenses anyway...

I'd like to use CDBurnerXP from within another application (which we develop and sell) via it's command line options. Would this violate the terms of the license?

Thanks,

Rob

According to

You may not modify, combine other commercial applications with, or otherwise prepare derivative works of the software.
, it would.

We could, however, discuss how much sense it makes for the command line version.

Guest Rob_010101

On careful reading of the license, I think we'd fall foul of the redistribution restrictions.

So, the next question is: who should I talk to about coming to a separate agreement?

Thanks,

Rob