Sign in to follow this  
ghomner

won't burn audio CD

Your latest version (4.2.1.976) will not successfully burn audio CDs. They appear to burn successfully but when play is attempted there is just silence while the disc plays. I've been trying to burn WMA files for an Audio CD.

I reinstalled the previous version I had installed (4.1.2.789) and everything burns correctly and plays correctly (by the way, 4.0.024.439 also burns/plays correctly). So it's a problem only with version 4.2.1.976. I went through about 5 CDs trying different settings etc. to get one to burn one successfully. But it never worked with 4.2.1.976.

Same problem here.

I don't think it's due to the files. I tried it with several (all 44.1kHz sampling rate, Lame encoded, CONSTANT bitrate 128 and 192) and the tracks are all blank on the CD afterwards.

First I thought it could be some issue with me not having enough disk space on my primary disk (due to big pagefile) - or any other, for that matter - but this I checked.

It produced blank discs when I tried to burn a gapless disc and when I tried to burn w/ advanced settings (btw - the option for DAO is blanked out there - even though my drive should support it) and track-at-once as well.

Maybe the information is useful. Oh, and thanks for the program, Flo :)

The other negative about the latest version is that it is much slower burning than the previous versions.

I ran it on a dual core and it was noticeable slower.

I ran it on a Pent 4 and it was painfully slow (like a crawl).

The problem with "blank" audio files should no longer exist in the current version. If it still does, you have to send me a file, otherwise I can't fix anything.

The problem with "blank" audio files should no longer exist in the current version. If it still does, you have to send me a file, otherwise I can't fix anything.

Correction: the "black" audio files does exist in the current version.

What "file" do you need sent? Where do I get this file? Could you be specific as I'm not computer savvy as you are. Thanks.

Hey.

I don´t know why, but i can´t burn Audio Disc from VBR Mp3. I alway ripp music in mp3 vbr 192kb. The Prgramm i use for ripping is foobar2000 with the lame codec! I have thought, that i can now burn Audio Disc from VBR Mp3?

The burning process always abort by 48%-49% (track 9 or so)

I can burn Data CD and Video as well. This works fine.

I use the newset version of cdburnerxp (4.2.2.984) and my pc configuration you can see here: http://www.nethands.de/pys/show.php4?user=emsfriends

My OS is Vista Home Premium!

Link to the error message: http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2968 ... rxpwj1.png

Greetz Hexo

Ps.: Thank you for the great programm!!!!

This just started for me also. There is no error message, and there are no files on the CD after it is burned. In fact, the CD looks blank when it ejects - there's no diffraction 'band' or whatever it's called... however, you can't burn anything to it. It's like a closed blank disk... CDBXP used to work fine for audio and all else - I don't know what changed on my PC...

HMMM - looking really close, I do see a very faint band where the data was burned, but it seems to be much less pronounced than a working CD I'm comparing it to...

There's no variation in strength for CD/DVD burner lasers, is there? They either burn a pit or not, right? This is veddy strange - it kinda looks like the laser was set on 'stun'...

I just downloaded the program today and tried to burn an audio CD (from WMA files) and this same thing happened. The tracks appear to be on the CD, but there is no sound, either in one of several CD players, or even trying to play it using WMP on the computer. Any fixes yet?

I could only offer a workaround, that is, to convert all files to WAV before burning. I still did not get a fix from Numedia Soft, even though they promised one for Nov 2008.

I could only offer a workaround, that is, to convert all files to WAV before burning. I still did not get a fix from Numedia Soft, even though they promised one for Nov 2008.

It would be nice if you can.

Guest Blackstone

V3.0.116 will burn VBR MP3 files Just fine it is an issue with early v4 versions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xp pro sp3

1GB DDR

2x80GBB & 1x250GB HDD w/ 5 GB Free on Primary

Guest DjSvoy

Hi there,

I could not burn the Audio Cd (version 4.2.4.1351)it says that Cd blank media is possible corrupted.

Program converted mp3 files when I drag and droped my Mp3 files into compilation's screen,but after few seconds burning it enounced about the error.

I used Verbatim CD-R 700mb 52x 80 min blank media.

for information: All my mp3 to wav files (using the same media blank)have been burn perfect via Easy CD-Da extractor.

Has anyone else stopped downloading updates because all updates are unable to burn music CDs?

I'm using a real old version of CDBurnerXP because it can burn music CDs, unlike all the newer versions which have been released since.