Sign in to follow this  
floele

Introducing: Ketarin

New release: http://ketarin.canneverbe.com/download

With regular expressions, import+export and some bug fixes.

The import/export is quite nitfty actually: If you first export and then import the same data again, it will not be duplicated (only updated if the exported file has been changed). This is a requirement anyway, if there will be kind of a webservice.

Obviously, it will be the implementation included in .NET.

I'm a little behind the times (I'm also busy these days, that's a good thing :-) )

Sorry not so obvious to me :-/ I didn't know Ketarin was using .NET framework (probably because it is already on my system and I didn't have to pay any attention to it).

Well that's good news, the .NET regex engine supports all current constructs of regex except possessive quantifiers. Unless that has changed recently and it supports those now. (Does anyone know?)

Thanks and regards,

--appyface

Thanx Flo!

nice tool =) i'd like to discuss following changes to the new versions if possible:

- accept relative paths (i'd like to use it on mu flash drive eg.: for "Save in folder" use path like "..\Ketarin.DownLoad\myApp"). I mean relative to "Ketarin.exe" application run from (folder).

- at least basic command line parameters/arguments to create/backup/run "Ketarin" with it's "DB" from flash drive and not only from "%APPDATA%" =) (to run it from batch files - see below).

- is it possible to add a choice creating "local" variable (per application) or "global" variable which will be available to "myApp" or to all applications (i think "global" variable [string replacement] will be useful with "Regular Expressions" as common "string replacement").

- please could you post some examples for "Regular Expressions" on the help/manual for "Ketarin"?!

- some short description to "Online Application Database" - maybe fron-end to add APPS in the near future?!

- multiple profile selection ("Ketarin" "DB" eg.: different version on flash/hard drive, etc.)?

My regards

- accept relative paths (i'd like to use it on mu flash drive eg.: for "Save in folder" use path like "..\Ketarin.DownLoad\myApp"). I mean relative to "Ketarin.exe" application run from (folder).

Worth a consideration.

- at least basic command line parameters/arguments to create/backup/run "Ketarin" with it's "DB" from flash drive and not only from "%APPDATA%" =) (to run it from batch files - see below).

You can already move the database to the Ketarin.exe folder to make it use this DB.

- is it possible to add a choice creating "local" variable (per application) or "global" variable which will be available to "myApp" or to all applications (i think "global" variable [string replacement] will be useful with "Regular Expressions" as common "string replacement").

Nope. That doesn't make any sense to me either.

- please could you post some examples for "Regular Expressions" on the help/manual for "Ketarin"?!

Seriously, there are a million regular expression tutortials on the .NET. I have no intention of adding one more.

- some short description to "Online Application Database" - maybe fron-end to add APPS in the near future?!

There is a "share" option for each application.

- multiple profile selection ("Ketarin" "DB" eg.: different version on flash/hard drive, etc.)?

Hm...don't see much benefit in that yet.

Hello Flo,

Just FYI I have just put up the latest version of Ketarin (0.9.7) and have a few minor things to mention...

1. The "Help -> About" info inside Ketarin shows version 0.9.3

2. The website link inside "Help -> About" doesn't launch a browser window (on my system anyway) and I can't copy/scrape the URL

3. Could Ketarin remember the last window sizes and column widths (main window, error/info windows etc.)

4. Could Ketarin have a logfile of the last session's messages (download success date/time, file skipped date/time and reason why, error messages etc.)

Just some minor things for the wishlist. Thanks as always!

--appyface

Edit: I have just finished setting up several more items for Ketarin to track for me, and found that I could really make use of:

1) Start a new download entry in Ketarin that is pre-filled with the info from an existing entry. IOW let me choose an existing Ketarin download entry as the template for setting up my new entry.

Example: http://www.e-sword.net/bibles.html on this page I download several bibles for my copy of e-sword. I am using Ketarin variables with RegEx to scrape the last updated date and add it into the saved filename for each bible. After getting one of the downloads working the way I wanted, I had seven more to set up. It would have saved some time (and pilot error!) if I could have started with that first one as a template to add new downloads, a slight tweak of the entry's description, the RegEx, and the saved filename is all that I needed to do for each one.

2) Creating a new variable for an entry based on an existing variable in that entry. Like the above idea, when I click the "+" to add a new variable, I'd like to pre-fill the new variable from the info for a variable already saved in that entry.

Example: For some programs I have to scrape the major and minor version info separately, it is often on the same URL just in different places. I'd like to be able to select an existing variable in that item as my template, when I click to add a new variable I'd like it to be pre-filled from the existing variable. A quick tweak to the RegEx and I'm done.

Thanks for consideration of these ideas! Best regards,

--appyface

I'm having trouble setting up Ketarin to scrape and download drivers for my ATI vid card, perhaps Flo or someone else here can help me?

(And while I'm thinking of that, Flo what do you think about setting up a sub-forum here for us to post for help with with this kind of thing? Ketarin users could help each other with these requests.)

The problem I'm running into, is the URL to download my drivers is https: link. I've scraped it fine but Ketarin gives error message:

"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel"

Is this a referrer issue? I can't directly download the scraped URL by pasting into a new IE7 session either, I first have to browse the page that contains the scraped URL. Then I can paste the scraped URL right into IE7's address bar on top of that page's URL and the download works correctly.

Here is the page I'm loading for the scrape:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catal ... deonxip-xp

Here's my RegEx to scrape the "Display Driver only" URL for the download:

(?<=driver_DriverLink[\x00-\xFF]{0,100}href=")[\x00-\xFF]{0,100}\.exe

The RegEx correctly returns this URL:

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/ ... _70226.exe

But without browser referrer or ?, the site will not fulfil the download request.

NOTE to anyone wishing to help: Please don't give me the URL of an alternate site to get this file. This is not the only file with this type of situation for download, I have several more to set up in Ketarin that require this method. These are files that can only be had from their vendor's links, they are not available on popular download sites. I would really like to get this working in Ketarin if it is at all possible to do. Thanks!

--appyface

(P.S. I know the RegEx above is inefficient. It's adapted from a generic one that I use quite a lot, which works on all flavors of RegEx that I utilize [that support positive lookbehind, not all of them do.] Just in case anyone wants to point out the RegEx could be streamlined, yes I know that :-) )

Guest rz0

Thanks for the great app, I think I'll be making much use of it.

It seems you've already implemented the ability to accept a relative path as the download directory. However, relative paths currently do not work for "Execute the following command after downloading" for individual jobs. I would be very grateful if this could be implemented. Thanks.

Guest Dewang Patel

Great free software. thanks i just wanted a good burning software and found the right one..

Happy Holidays..!!

Guest code-breaker

Bug: If there is more than one instance of the text that I want to set as 'start' or 'end', the first instance is always used, even when a different instance is selected.

Feature request: Automagically handle pad files.

This is really nice, keep up the good work.

@Bug: This is not a bug, but actually intentional (and there wouldn't be an easy way around it anyway).

@PAD file: Good idea. I will think about a nice implementation.

Guest Badugu

Hi To All,

Happy New Year . And i say thank to this website. Its Solve my Problem Easily.

Thanks Again Very Much. YOu will solve the problems for Coustomer

Thanking you

Regards,

Badugu

Guest navyjax2

Was ready to say the #$@! with this one CD-RW I had when no fix would make XP's built-in writer work with it, and Roxio 6 wouldn't even recognize the drive! So glad I found this utility - works great!!! Thank you!!!

-Tom

Guest Scoffer

OK. So, after reading a couple of pages here, still have no idea about this softwares' reviews and if it is good, safe, useable for? Appears 'the blogs train tracks lead elsewhere other than what this is all about.

English. I speak english very bad. but i mean, i must say "thank You all very much, cdburnerxp is very good program"

Deutch. Enschuldigen Sie bitte, ich spreche deutsch nicht sehr gut. "fielen dank fuer cdburnerxp"

Русский. Спасибо огромное Вам за такую классную программу.