• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 claw_atticas

claw_atticas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:21 AM

I tried burning an 14min audio CD, with 1GB of free space left. It said it was preparing the tracks, froze up on track 3, and I noticed my HDD space was dropping rapidly... I watched it drop past taking up 700MB, then soon it sucked up the last of it, and I ended up with "0 bytes free", and CDBurnerXP immediately crashed out... I'm pretty sure that I truly don't have any space left, as websites are rejecting me because they can't download the data, programs are crashing because they can't load certain files due to lack of space... I searched through all the temp files, my Users directory, my documents directory, but couldn't find anything worth close to 1GB that CDBurnerXP would've made.
Where does CDBurnerXP keep it's temp files?

#2 FLIER

FLIER

Translator

• Translators
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

Must be C:\Documents and Settings\{USER}\Local Settings\Temp. Clear it all.
Posted Image

#3 claw_atticas

claw_atticas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for the help... My Windows-Cleaner program cleared out the temp files, and must've gotten it, as I have 4GB free (I think I deleted some things to clear up space while it was grabbing my free space) now, and I searched C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Temp (Vista can be a pain some times) and it was emptied by the program, so that must've done it!

#4 floele

floele

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:30 PM

Also, make sure that you're using the latest version. Earlier versions had a bug using too much space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users