Sign in to follow this  
solar_satellite

Version 4.2.2.984 - no cuesheets or advanced burn options

In trying to make a mixed mode audio CD I could not get a compliant cue sheet to load although the named .wav file was present in the same directory. All three burning options (the two buttons and the menu selection) ignore the ask first about burning procedure and immediately start burning. You should provide access to the advanced burning options independent of the burn process -- there isn't much point to an immediate burn in the first place. I had to burn a plain audio CD with the default DAO and finalize disc options before I could change these to track-at-once and uncheck the finalize disc option, then when trying to add the data, the program again immediately tried to write DAO and failed since there was already audio data; only then was I able to change to SAO -- cumbersome and pointless; just remove the ask procedure entirely and provide access to DAO/track-at once and finalize to the audio disc preferences, and DAO/SAO and finalize options to the data disc preferences, and this problem will be solved. I thought that support for cue sheets had been added.

Dear Flo,

Your reply is non-responsive. Using Version 4.2.2.984 I could not get a compliant cue-sheet to load; if cue-sheets are supported how does one get them to work?

As for the problem with advanced burn options, I thought I was pretty clear. Removing the "ask me how to burn" procedure and putting the advanced burn options directly on the data and audio options menus would be preferable to your existing protocol, but the main problem now is that although both the "ask me how to burn a data disc" and the "ask me how to burn an audio disc" options are both checked (i.e. the default settings were not altered), cdburnerxp immediately burned and finalized an audio disc when I wanted to burn a mixed-mode CD. I explained that I was only able to make the mixed-mode CD by first letting cdburnerxp burn an audio disc (which left the advanced burn options menu accessible), then uncheck "finalize disc" and select TAO, then insert another disc, burn it, clear the compilation, add my data, click on burn, allow cdburnerxp to eject the disc as unsuitable, re-insert it, select SAO and finalize, and finally burn the data and close the disc. This should be easy to fix. Again, for CDs, the ask first procedure is not being followed and there is no access to the advanced burn options until after burning a disc.

Using Version 4.2.2.984 I could not get a compliant cue-sheet to load; if cue-sheets are supported how does one get them to work?

Details?

As for the problem with advanced burn options, I thought I was pretty clear....

Burnined mixed mode is rather rare, so I don't think adjusting the default settings to meet this purpose make sense.

This release is not asking how to burn discs -- as soon as one clicks on burn disc it just starts burning; only after burning is there access to the advanced burning options --

... for CDs, the ask first procedure is not being followed and there is no access to the advanced burn options until after burning a disc.
. Simply open the application and try to create an audio or data CD; you will see that cdburnerxp is not displaying the advanced burn options menu as it should. You seem remarkably resistant to my repeated attempts to report this easily verified bug.

I am asking you to tell me how to load a cue sheet; I already provided the details of my attempt to do so:

... I could not get a compliant cue sheet to load although the named .wav file was present in the same directory.
-- when I dragged a compliant cuesheet for a .wav file present in the same directory into an audio compilation a box appeared momentarily as cdburnerxp apparently tried to analyse the cuesheet, but nothing appeared in the compilation.

Could you send me the CUE sheet for analysis then?

Also, I'm not sure what your problem with the "ask"-procedure is now. If I understand it correctly, the ask-dialog does not appear even though the ask-options are both checked in the options dialog?

Guest RC902

Hi,

Has there been a resolution to the cue sheet issue, as I too have the same symptoms?

When a .cue file is added to the burn list, a box appears to analyse the file then nothing?

Thanks!

RC

Flo...

I have the same problem with the software not allowing me to change burn options anymore. I have version 4.2.3.1062 and I'm trying to create audio discs for play during my commute. After dragging my file (only one fits) to the bottom panel and pressing "burn", it immediately starts preparing and then burning the CD with the wrong parameters. At one time it used to give a popup with two big horizontal buttons one of which said something about "advanced options". There was also a checkbox which said "don't ask me again" which I checked once because I thought I had everything working right. Then it made a couple of coasters and my research indicated I should try Disk At Once and slow down the burn speed one notch. However, I can't find that anywhere on the user interface. It seems like the "advanced options" are permanently disabled because I checked that "don't ask" button.

I hope that is a sufficently clear explanation from a non-technical user's perspective, and you can tell em how to get the software working again.

I managed to get my next disk to burn by digging up an old bundled copy of nero express that came with a cd burner.

Thanks,

Ron

Do you mean Options -> General Settings -> 'Ask me how to burn an Audio Disk'

I did that and the software still takes off trying to burn the disk without letting me chose a slower speed or Disk At Once.

Thanks

Guest Gumydammit

I am now using 4.2.3.1110 and the CUE files still do not work.

I try to bring the .cue file into the lower window, but it flashes a screen for a 10th of a second, then it goes away...

Is there a procedure to do this beyond dragging it in or hitting "add"??

I can burn a CD as one huge file, but I would like the tracks split up...

I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer with this.