Sign in to follow this  
badadjective

Disc Copy Burning Speed Selection

When copying a disc, CDBurnerXP detects the speed capability of the disc you are trying to copy, not the blank disc you are going to put in. So when you put in a movie DVD to copy for example, and the burning speed capability of that disc was 8x, CDBurnerXP will cap the write speed at 8x in the speed selection drop down even though the blank disc you put in later can support 16x.

I think that if CDBurnerXP is going to detect the burning speed capability of the blank disc it should do so once the blank disc is inserted, not when the disc being copied is inserted. Another way would be to have the user make the speed selection upon insertion of the blank disc rather than before the reading process.

OK. It doesn't seem like the "Override Speed Detection" option works either. If you could override it then the speed selection could be made manually before the burning process without switching any tabs. It just seems weird to have the software detect the burning speed of the disc you are trying to copy rather than the disc you are burning.

Why can I not set a slower burn speed, it has that option, but does not work. It always wants to burn at max speed and occasionally creates coasters because of this. I am not the only one with this problem, there are many with different configurations having the same issue, I seen it posted here ... However, there was no reply. Is there a way to slow this beast down ???

BTW, on this I am burning data compilations, not ISO, bin etc, I use other burn ware for that, I could as seen mentioned, compile this to ISO and use ImgBurn to slow the speed, but that is another step and more time, It would be better to go back to bloatware nero. I would just like to see the speed selection work and be able to just keep it on 8x for DVD so it is there when CDBurnerXP starts (no tab switching would be necessary) ... I mean, why even have the speed selection if it does not work?