Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bazil

Bootable CD - Contents not viewable in Explorer

Guest Bazil

Hi,

Congrats on a great free product.

However, I have a niggling issue.

Unless I am missing something, when I create a bootable CD, the whole directory structure goes missing. Not viewable in Windows Explorer or DOS window. The only file shown is sis99.dos

I am trying to burn a slipstreamed XPPro CD. The merge has been successful, and if I burn the compilation as non-bootable it works OK. I have tried saving as ISO and burning that but same result.

Not sure if it's relevant but I used the ms .img file.

ISOBuster can see the files but shows two invalid directories, also certain directories are misplaced from within other dirs. E.g. the contents of the ASMS directory appear under the I386 directory (and some others)...

I noticed the comment at the end of the Create Bootable Disc Help page "Note that after you made your disc bootable, the CD root icon in CD layout will get another symbol."

I am not sure if the above relates to my issue.

Otherwise followed the instructions from the help pages including the techtalk one on creating a slipstreamed CD using CDBurnerXP.

Creating too many coasters...

Any Ideas?

Bryan

Guest Bazil

Well I got it working...

One thing I did differently was used the boot.img from TackTech instead of the ms one I extracted from the original CD.

Can't say if that was the issue - hate it when things work out but one doesn't know why...

Possible other diff was selecting multi-session but also finalize. Not sure if I did that or whether it would create the issue...

And I already created too many coasters to go back and test it...

Bryan