Sign in to follow this  
12characters

No such interface supported

I'm trying to add one file at C:\txt.txt to make an ISO using the portable version 4.1.2.789

When trying to add that file to my one file ISO, I get the message "Warning! Some files could not be added to the compilation or has been truncated due to a long file neam. See list for details."

When I export the error message, I get "txt.txt Unable to cast COM object of type 'NMSDVDXLib.DataImageXClass' to interface type 'NMSDVDXLib.IDataImageX'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{639520A1-3657-493E-8326-C88A8E90B4A9}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). C:\txt.txt"

I simplified the file name and path to make it as simple as possible but that's obviously not the problem. What can I do?

In this case, the portable version doesn't quite work. Installing CDBurnerXP would solve the problem. I don't have time to take care of portable versions though currently.

Guest Eka

Hai I have the same problem, but successfully fix it by registering the NMSDVDXU.dll” on that system before you can use CDBurnerXP Portable.

Try creating a Batch file with: “regsvr32.exe nmsdvdxu.dll” command. It should fix most of the problem.

Here are my batch file:

@echo off

regsvr32.exe nmsdvdxu.dll

start cdbxpp.exe

exit

The latest version does this automatically if required.

This is NOT the case!

I started 4.2.3.1110 portable and the same error appears.

After I MANUALLY (!) registered NMSDVDXU.dll everything works.

So could you re-check the automatic detection of NMS Service in CDburnerXP?

Thank you

Peter

CDBurnerXP *tries* to register that DLL, but of course, it may fail (for example if no sufficient rights are available). Then you'll have to do it manually.

CDBurnerXP *tries* to register that DLL, but of course, it may fail (for example if no sufficient rights are available). Then you'll have to do it manually.

I tried it out as Administrator under WinXP.

So insufficient rights shouldn't be the problem

Guest Paco

Same problem here : Vista (x64) refuses to register (even manually) NMSDVDXU.dll. Code thrown :DllRegisterServer failure 0x80070005. This code is the generic failure for lack of administrative rights.

The solution is to run the command line as administrator (right click -> run with administrator privileges). The dll is correctly registered and the CDBurnerXP does not refuses files anymore.

Hope that helps.