CDBurnerXP 4.2.3.1062 and fan shop

Hi everyone,

I new version of CDBurnerXP has just been released. This release fixes a problem with the updater, which didn't find new versions of CDBurnerXP anymore.

Apart from bug fixes, there are also two interesting features: CDBurnerXP now has an option (enabled by default) to cache files from removable media. This makes it possible to create data compilations from multiple media like memory cards and discs without having to cache their files manually. Also, CDBurnerXP now has a propery dialog for items in data compilations which allows you to set the "hidden" flag for files and folders, as well as the date. Last but not least, CDBurnerXP allows you to burn BWF, AIFF and MP2 files to audio discs now.

Furthermore, I installed a new shop: http://www.cafepress.com/cdburnerxp

Amazon shops didn't work very well here (virtually no income compared to the Google ads), so we're trying this now. If you want to support us, feel free to purchase some items. In the future, I also consider offering a CDBurnerXP disc there (with case and booklet), or maybe a printed manual, we will see :)

Guest Trevor

Wow, this program looks great - and all free? I'll be using it more and testing it out. This looks awesome though - thanks so much!!

Guest electryc_monk

For some reason I've tried to burn a few linux torrent-based downloads(directly from the main sites) for Mandriva CD ISO and DVD ISO; Unbuntu CD and DVD ISO's; as well as knoppix CD and DVD ISO's. I'm begining to wonder *IF* its the DVD-R blanks from office max and memorex CDR's.

I've got a 1.5GB Ram, WinXP Pro SP3, 1.6GHz laptop with a recent upgrade to 250GB HDD as well....

any hints as to why I've tried to burn but, received an error for finishing/closing the burn on each CD or DVD I've tried so far (total 5 so far). Now here'sthe weird thing on three of the burns.

The Knoppix CD will do the initial boot but, when I try to start the install it fails everytime -right out of the gate.

the Mandriva DVD will show alot of files and folders in windows explorer after the burn (even with the error having occured) but, it won't boot or try to run in windows.

So my honest ignorance with your neat software has me a bit frustrated and confused as I've been away from this stuff for about 3-4 years and figured it'd be alot like riding a bike - you never forget. I guess inept is a better word now that I've written that all....

Guest electryc_monk
So...what error is it?

s it ppears in the "Event:" listings

(devWriteError_Generic) Error closing DVD+R DAO disc.Write Error - Generic. - 0x030C00

that was also the text in the extra little popup window... with the red dot/white X on it.

i copied a pair of screenshots in an openoffice word/text document if that helps?

Guest Pl

I have to say i'm very disappointed on the product although it comes from a neighbour country. I have been trying to burn ISO images on a DVD-rw but somehow the programme keeps burning the previous iso image file on the disc although i've chosen completely different one! The same files keep appearing on the disc even if i choose different iso. I'm not satisfied.

It would be nice to have fre working cd and dvd burner software.

Did you try erasing the disc before? Or what happens if you delete that "previous" ISO image? Maybe there also is some caching in place (see FAQ). I consider it highly unlikely that CDBurnerXP suffers from a bug as you described.

Guest OnePOU

I am not going into the cloud. I think you should sell this point of view and make your software as "un-cloud" as possible. I am looking for a Roxio replacement because I am not going to run my software from the cloud, SaaS etc. and they are moving that way as well as Nero.

When I worked at Microsoft their biggest whine was that they couldn't keep their code on their servers and charge us by the minute. Now, that the Internet is robust enough, MS is going to the cloud and I am going to Linux, screw them. I lived through the days of the mainframe with some idiot in a white coat dragging all the users around by their short hairs and why people would want to return to this is beyond me.

One pissed off user

Clould? Un-cloud? Huh? :shock:

I'm not sure what you want to tell me, but in any case CDBurnerXP will always remain free and "un-bloated" if that is what you are about.

Guest Bollo

Really good job. Thank you. Crisp, fast, well-thought-out. Thank you twice, and once for each disk burned.

Guest elmarphil

I reallly love this software as it has become my only cd/dvd burner.

It's small so handy around.

The only thing that irritates me is its slow verification of burned DVD.

Can it be made faster?

Thanks

Guest ccaepc2

love your program but unfortunately i've yet to burn a cd. after installation both your program and now WMA 11don't recognize that a blank cd has been inserted in the writer drive. i get error messages with both programs. once i uninstall your program, WMA works fine. please advise if there is anything i can do to correct. like i said previously, love your program but i can't use it.

Maybe it helps if you install our application without the NMS access service? Can't really tell what the problem could be. Our application doesn't set up a lot of stuff that could be conflicting.