Sign in to follow this  
The Miker

[SOLVED] - Error when trying to burn DVD.

I just bought a new burner, have been trying to burn a DVD but I can't. The error I get is

(devNTSPTI_IO_Error) Could not write to Disc (LBA: 0 Length: 32)

SCSI Pass-through Interface I/O Error - 0xFF0057

I haven't seen this error anywhere else...what's going on here?

EDIT: Ok, so I figured out what the problem was. I'm going to say this here so anyone searching for this problem will find their solution, because I didn't find it anywhere on the internet.

If you have a relatively old computer, with the nForce2 chipset, uninstall the nForce2 IDE drivers!!! Seriously, they do more harm than good, just rollback to the default drivers that Windows installs. You'll be much better off in the longrun. You'll be able to manage DMA, you'll be able to burn DVDs, and you'll finally have SMART info on the secondary IDE channel. Everyone that has this kind of setup will know what I'm talking about when I list these problems, so, yeah, that's the solution.