Force burn speed to 1x for audio CDs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Zahhar_*

Guest_Zahhar_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:01 AM

I have the latest build of CDBurnerXP, and I want to burn audio CDs at 1x, the lowest burn speed. The reason for this is if I burn the CDs any at a faster speed, the CD player I play them in won't recognize the CD. But it recognizes them fine if I burn at the lowest speed. I've had to use a Ubuntu (Linux) CD burning application up until now for this because no free software in Windows, including CDBurnerXP, seems to exist that lets you do something so simple as set the burn speed for an Audio burn.

Now, in CDBurnerXP, when I go to burn an audio disc, it does give me the option to "Let me choose advanced settings", which would be great if it actually worked. But when I select this it just starts burning the CD using default settings and never allows me the chance to choose advanced settings. There's an option in Advanced settings, which I can only access once I've destroyed a disc by letting CDBurnerXP burn a disc using its default settings, that lets you set the CD burn speed, however it doesn't actually use that speed, and always defaults to Maximum when the actual burn (the second copy) starts.

Sooo... Is there some way to force CDBurnerXP to ALWAYS burn at 1x? Is there an INI file somewhere or something anywhere that I could edit to force this setting?

#2 floele

floele

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:29 AM

Might it be, that it does not actually use the default settings but instead uses "disc-at-once" for a gapless disc? If so, consider the "advanced settings" button fixed for the next release.

#3 Guest_Zahhar_*

Guest_Zahhar_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:22 PM

Might it be, that it does not actually use the default settings but instead uses "disc-at-once" for a gapless disc? If so, consider the "advanced settings" button fixed for the next release.

Yes this seems to be what it's doing. When do you predict the next release to be?

#4 floele

floele

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:16 AM

You never know. But if you like, you can get a beta with a fix (hopefully) per e-mail.

#5 Guest_Zahhar_*

Guest_Zahhar_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

You never know. But if you like, you can get a beta with a fix (hopefully) per e-mail.

Which is a good way to test the fix before it's released. :) Sure. I'll send you an email with a copy of this post and the same subject so you'll have my email.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users