Sign in to follow this  
Guest Secretss

MP3 to AudioCD: The audio file has an invalid format.

Guest Secretss

I'm trying to create an audio cd with mp3 files. I get the "The audio file has an invalid format" error for every single mp3 file. I can't even play the mp3 files in the integrated audio player. However, everything works fine with wma files.

My Windows Media Player is currently version 11.0.6001.7000, which is the latest version according to Wikipedia. I've even downloaded wmpdist.exe and executed it (but nothing happens).

I'm using Windows Vista, does it make a difference? I've only just installed CDBurnerXP, particularly for this burn project.

I hope you're able to help with this, thank you very much.

Guest Secretss

I don't think so.. Most of them are ripped from audio cds but nothing's shown under "Protected" in windows explorer. Some of them are audio ripped from youtube videos and converted to mp3, and some of them are recordings made in wav and converted to mp3. None of them work. I've tried restarting the computer and that doesn't help either.

Hm, could you possibly send me just one of the files for having a look at them? I'm still not sure whether there is something wrong with your system or your files (the latter would indicate a bug in CDBurnerXP).

Guest Secretss

Hi, I'm so sorry for the delay in response.

I've uploaded a song of minimal file size here.

Thank you very much!

Guest David12

Dude, this also solved my problem and it was driving me crazy. Why donĀ“t you put in in the next release?

Thanks

Guest johnny dred

i just want to know if i can rip from a mp3 and burn it onto a regular cd ......

Guest notpotable

Ah, thank you so much! I had the same problem and this totally fixed me up. <3

Guest Matt

any ideas for this error? i tried teh base.dll and i got an erro when starting the app a crash and then the same old invalid format error :(

Guest derhecht
For the latest version, you have to use BASS 2.4, that is http://us.un4seen.com/files/bass24.zip

Do not work. Just installed the newest available version in german. Download the bass.dll & replace it. Error still exsits :(

I'm very frustrated because in prev. version of cd burner it works so fine :(

May to solve the problem for a release in the next time?!

Guest derhecht

It is just a normal mp3-file. And as I say the same file works with an older version of cd burner xp. So the file is fine but something is wrong with cd burner xp...

Guest anton

Hi,

yes the BASS.DLL vers. 2.3 is needed. But in Directory "Windows\System32\BASS.DLL" vers. 2.3.0.2, it is there! Is it a bug, sorry? Hope on a patch no the next days.

But the burner is great!

Thank you for the fine Burner

gemes