MP3 to AudioCD: The audio file has an invalid format.

The DLL should not be located in this directory and CDBurnerXP does not install it there. Probably some other application decided to put it into the system directory, but that's somewhat evil.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest cheryl46

I need some help I can burn cds but they will only play on my computer ,, won't play on anything else

• 1 month later...
Guest Ixtab

Hi, I know this is an old topic now, but I recently got the program ,and I am getting this exact same error. Replacing the .dll did not work, as it is version 2.3, and it wants 2.4. If anyone can help me out, it would be muc appreciated. Thanks.

Guest Ixtab
I reinstalled it three or four times, and it still gives the same error. it's for every mp3 i try to add.

Sorry for the double post, but I couldn't find an edit button. I finally got it fixed on the fifth install. I downloaded the 64 bit version. I guess the default download is 32 bit, and even though it says it is 64 bit compatible, it was just giving me that error.

It should be 32 bit compatible. If you have problems with the 32 bit version, I need more error details. Maybe some old files have been left in the installation directory. In this case, you could try to uninstall, delete the CDBurnerXP folder if still present and install again.

• 2 months later...

In light of these BASS dll versions, would it be recommended to manually update BASS DLL files? I.e. do new versions of the BASS dll files yield better results in either or both audio quality and burning speed?

I was glad to find this thread, as I have the same problem. MP3 files cause the Invalid Format error. Tried the suggestions in this thread but all were unsuccessful. Also had a problem with .wav files causing DRM protected, (or something like that), error. All the files I am trying to burn are recordings I made of my daughter.

It worked fine in the past, then started doing this. All I could think of was an update of CDBurnerXP that I installed caused it.

So, I deleted version 4.3.7.2423, and installed an older version 4.2.1.976. Got it from the download page of the web site.

Perfect! Works fine again!

Running XP Home, and all Microsoft updates installed.

Have been using CDBurnerXP for years and love it. I'll just run the older version for now.

Hi Flo,

I sent you 2 sample files you asked for that fail for me. Actually any MP3 and any WAV file fails for me. These are just 2 examples from my PC.

When I try to put the MP3 file onto a CD, I get the “Invalid Format” error. When I try to put the WAV file on, I get the DRM Protected error. Not sure of the exact error message but you know what I mean.

Here are my test results so far using various versions of the software that I have;

4.2.1.976 – Works fine

4.3.7.2356 – Fails

4.3.7.2423 – Fails

Tonight, I deleted the old 4.2.1.976 version I installed today, and installed the 4.3.7.2356 version and it failed again. Deleted it, then reinstalled 4.2.1.976 and it worked fine. I suspect somewhere between the 4.2 and 4.3 versions the problem was introduced.

Thanks for your concern and assistance. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help get this resolved. I “LOVE” CDBurnerXP, and my complements go to the Developer(s). Is that you Flo?

I am happy to help troubleshoot this in any way I can.

Dave

Just wanted to let everyone know, it is now fixed for me. I worked with Flo offline, and tested several versions and found exactly where it broke. The last working version for me was 4.2.7.1801, and the problem surfaced in 4.2.7.1849 and versions after.

I am confident my problem was not the same as the original author/note in this thread dated 2008, as the problem for me started with the version released in Jan-2010. Error message was the same though.

Flo gave me access to an unofficial release, and it is fixed there.

Anyway, many thanks to Flo for getting this fixed. I am very happy with CDBurnerXP again!

Dave

P.S. I was the guest in the previous few posts. Forgot to login after creating my membership. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, today I finally fix the problem (4.3.8.2474).

I replace the bass.dll, bassflac.dll, basswma.dll

with the one from other latest version free-burning application (BxxxAxxxx) :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hello and many thanks to the squad

BUT...

same problem with the last cdbxp_setup_4.3.8.2523.exe and XP SP3

solved by copying the files C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\bass*.dll

from the k-lite codec pack into the cdburner directory

hope it will help

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest axelluny_ro

I run CD BurnerXP, Windows 7x32bit, and tried all the variations proposed main site I have managed to solve program.I managed to solve the problem with no solution.

http://screenshooter.net/5628215/feyweyf

does not recognize the DVD RAM(HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT30N)

as follows instead it recognizes

http://screenshooter.net/5628215/usnmjki

Windows XP instead recognize the DVD RAM on all modules, what makes me think it's a bug.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I tried this solution on the latest version of CDBurnerXP 4.5.2.4478 installed on Windows XP SP3 and it's not working. I still get this error "The audio files has an invalid format"

Can you help me to make it work?

Problem solved: I was connecting to my Windows XP SP3 computer using RDP (Remote desktop connection) and that was causing the failure. If I'm connecting directly it's working.

Thank you