optiarc bd rom bc 5500s ATA Device not working

Guest Jabdah

Guest Jabdah

Heya,

im using Vista 64 bit Home premium an the drive listed in the topic. Its part of my HP pavillion DV7.

CDBurnerXp wont work, but the drive is listed inside the comp. list.

Its telling me that no comp. drive was found.

Any ideas or help ?

Thx for any response

Yours

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same system and the exact same problem, no driver support and all hp can tell me is do a system restore and regedit, I have even manually (physically) removed the drive with the same result. I made hp replace the entire laptop

The same thing has recently occurred on my DV7. System restore seems to fix it temporarily but it recurs sooner or later.

In device manager, I get the message that the driver is corrupt or missing. I'm trying to find the correct driver.

Any suggestions?

Guest guest

Hello,

I have a HP dv7-1045eg with exactly the same optiarc drive and the same problem.

I use Vista Home Premium 32bit and the newest CDBurnerCP version.

I hope for some solutions.

Greeting

Ronald

Guest Sherikxwmaa

OMG, this sounds like a common problem...what is the solution? My HP suddenly doesnt recognize the cd dvd combo drive??? what gives?? HELP!!!

Guest mininuke10

I have the exact same problem, no solution found yet, im trying to find a driver... maybe order a system restore disk?

Guest Dan2

I had the same problem on my new HP Pavilion dv7 - couldn't see/install the bluray dvd drive

Here is the fix (direct from a 3:00AM Christmas morning live chat w/ HP Support)

Step 1:

Uninstall and reinstall CD/DVD drivers:

Go to the Device Manager by :

1. Please go to Start, in the search field please type Device Manager 2. Now Device Manager will be listed above. 3. Please select that and device manager will open.

OR

Press Windows Key + R key, In Run please type devmgmt.msc and press enter.Device manager will open.

Now

Right click on the CD/DVD and select uninstall.Select OK.

Restart the Notebook.

After Restarting the Notebook Perform the Step 2.

Step 2:

Clearing upper and lower registry filters

1.Unplug all non-essential external plug and play devices, especially cameras.

2.Click Start , and enter "regedit" into the Start Search field.

The registry editor window appears.

3. Select Computer in the main window.

4. Click File, Export, type a filename that is easy for you to remember, and click Save.

A copy of the registry has saved for back-up purposes to the Documents folder. If problems occur after using these steps, browse to the file and double-click it to restore the registry.

5. Click the plus sign ( +) next to the following items in the list:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE h

SYSTEM

CurrentControlSet

Control

Class

6. Select 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318. Make sure you have selected this exact key name.

7. Select the LowerFilters value and press the Delete key. Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.

8. If an UpperFilters value is also listed, select UpperFilters in the right window and press the Delete key.

Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.

9. Delete all other UpperFilter and LowerFilter values within the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 key if they exist.

10. Close the registry editor and restart the computer. The disc drive should now be recognized by Windows.

restart the Notebook.

Step 3:

BIOS RESET

1. Click Start, Shut Down, and then click Restart.

2. When the HP logo appears, press the F10 key to enter BIOS configuration utility.

3. Press F9 to load the setup defaults.

4. When changes are finished, Save and > Restart the notebook.

5. Press Enter to confirm and restart the notebook.

If the issue persists, please contact us by visiting the following Web site. We will be glad to assist you further.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact/chat_1.html

or

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pa ... g=en&cc=us

It worked for me - just watch Wanted on Bluray

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays

Dan

Guest Jabdah

Hey,

im a bit confused rigt now, the day ive started this posting my HP was working very well, only CDBURNERXP wont work with the combo drive.

Looks like you guys got a different problem, like the entire drive isnt working properly.

To make it more clear, my drive is working perfectly, only the old " i cant burn using CdBurnerXP " Problem is still here.

Hoping for a Solution,

yours

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SCRAT

THANKS,

IT ALSO WORKED FOR ME EVEN THOUGH I APPLIED THIS METHOD TO SONY VAIO AW190

BY THE WAY I DIDN'T APPLY STEP 3

THANKS AGAIN :D:D:D

Hi, my new Sony VAIO VGN-FW270J/B has the same drive and will not recognise/see any blank blu-ray discs (the drive plays normal DVDs and CDs no problem). Should I try the same solution? Thanks, Quentin

Guest Mathias

YES THIS WORKS, I DIDN'T HAVE TO COMPLETE STEP 3 EITHER THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! My Computer scared me! I was about to tear some shit up! Thank you so much!! :D

Guest SnapJag

It worked for me too! Thanks a ton. But all I had to do was uninstall my driver, let the system reboot, it redetected the CDROM and it worked. I went looking for the key in the registry and didn't find any Low or Upper keys. So, I thought I would look and see if the drive was working and it is. Now I'll have to check with the Blu-Ray DVD. Cause nothing would run. Detect, but not run... checking the Blu-Ray "Dr Suess Horton". Don't laugh, it's my kids ... the only one I had on the road trip. =) You say, "yeah right." It's true, with a sheepish grin.

I still get my dumb warning for BDUpdate. Haven't figured that one out, but if someone knows, let me know.

It tells me to go to http://cyberlink.com/bdupdate. But it states that the update isn't required or doesn't apply to me. Argh. Anyways. That's what happened to me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mistadabolina
I had the same problem on my new HP Pavilion dv7 - couldn't see/install the bluray dvd drive

Here is the fix (direct from a 3:00AM Christmas morning live chat w/ HP Support)

Step 1:

Uninstall and reinstall CD/DVD drivers:

Go to the Device Manager by :

1. Please go to Start, in the search field please type Device Manager 2. Now Device Manager will be listed above. 3. Please select that and device manager will open.

OR

Press Windows Key + R key, In Run please type devmgmt.msc and press enter.Device manager will open.

Now

Right click on the CD/DVD and select uninstall.Select OK.

Restart the Notebook.

After Restarting the Notebook Perform the Step 2.

Step 2:

Clearing upper and lower registry filters

1.Unplug all non-essential external plug and play devices, especially cameras.

2.Click Start , and enter "regedit" into the Start Search field.

The registry editor window appears.

3. Select Computer in the main window.

4. Click File, Export, type a filename that is easy for you to remember, and click Save.

A copy of the registry has saved for back-up purposes to the Documents folder. If problems occur after using these steps, browse to the file and double-click it to restore the registry.

5. Click the plus sign ( +) next to the following items in the list:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE h

SYSTEM

CurrentControlSet

Control

Class

6. Select 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318. Make sure you have selected this exact key name.

7. Select the LowerFilters value and press the Delete key. Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.

8. If an UpperFilters value is also listed, select UpperFilters in the right window and press the Delete key.

Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.

9. Delete all other UpperFilter and LowerFilter values within the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 key if they exist.

10. Close the registry editor and restart the computer. The disc drive should now be recognized by Windows.

restart the Notebook.

Step 3:

BIOS RESET

1. Click Start, Shut Down, and then click Restart.

2. When the HP logo appears, press the F10 key to enter BIOS configuration utility.

3. Press F9 to load the setup defaults.

4. When changes are finished, Save and > Restart the notebook.

5. Press Enter to confirm and restart the notebook.

If the issue persists, please contact us by visiting the following Web site. We will be glad to assist you further.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact/chat_1.html

or

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pa ... g=en&cc=us

It worked for me - just watch Wanted on Bluray

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays

Dan

Is it this one that works for you guys? It looks very advanced for a newbie like me .. =(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Stiker

Awesome,

This worked for my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Xi3650.

I had to complete stage 3 before it would recognise blu-ray disks.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest Fritz7
Hey,

im a bit confused rigt now, the day ive started this posting my HP was working very well, only CDBURNERXP wont work with the combo drive.

Looks like you guys got a different problem, like the entire drive isnt working properly.

To make it more clear, my drive is working perfectly, only the old " i cant burn using CdBurnerXP " Problem is still here.

Hoping for a Solution,

yours

Frank

Exactly the same problem with similar machine hier. Any suggestions? FAQ & Help read & done all.