optiarc bd rom bc 5500s ATA Device not working

Guest Jabdah

• 1 month later...
Guest orsig

hi i tried your way because i can't play blueray.normal dvd i can just blueray i can't,but your way doesn't work for me.may be i have differnet problem.Have u got any idea?when i put blueray disk inside it makes two or three times sound like vrrb and then quiet.Player says disk is not insert....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest B.K
hi i tried your way because i can't play blueray.normal dvd i can just blueray i can't,but your way doesn't work for me.may be i have differnet problem.Have u got any idea?when i put blueray disk inside it makes two or three times sound like vrrb and then quiet.Player says disk is not insert....

Yeah i have the same proble, anybody has any ideas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest me
I had the same problem on my new HP Pavilion dv7 - couldn't see/install the bluray dvd drive

Here is the fix (direct from a 3:00AM Christmas morning live chat w/ HP Support)

Step 1:

Uninstall and reinstall CD/DVD drivers:

Go to the Device Manager by :

1. Please go to Start, in the search field please type Device Manager 2. Now Device Manager will be listed above. 3. Please select that and device manager will open.

OR

Press Windows Key + R key, In Run please type devmgmt.msc and press enter.Device manager will open.

Now

Right click on the CD/DVD and select uninstall.Select OK.

Restart the Notebook.

After Restarting the Notebook Perform the Step 2.

Step 2:

Clearing upper and lower registry filters

1.Unplug all non-essential external plug and play devices, especially cameras.

2.Click Start , and enter "regedit" into the Start Search field.

The registry editor window appears.

3. Select Computer in the main window.

4. Click File, Export, type a filename that is easy for you to remember, and click Save.

A copy of the registry has saved for back-up purposes to the Documents folder. If problems occur after using these steps, browse to the file and double-click it to restore the registry.

5. Click the plus sign ( +) next to the following items in the list:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE h

SYSTEM

CurrentControlSet

Control

Class

6. Select 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318. Make sure you have selected this exact key name.

7. Select the LowerFilters value and press the Delete key. Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.

8. If an UpperFilters value is also listed, select UpperFilters in the right window and press the Delete key.

Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.

9. Delete all other UpperFilter and LowerFilter values within the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 key if they exist.

10. Close the registry editor and restart the computer. The disc drive should now be recognized by Windows.

restart the Notebook.

Step 3:

BIOS RESET

1. Click Start, Shut Down, and then click Restart.

2. When the HP logo appears, press the F10 key to enter BIOS configuration utility.

3. Press F9 to load the setup defaults.

4. When changes are finished, Save and > Restart the notebook.

5. Press Enter to confirm and restart the notebook.

If the issue persists, please contact us by visiting the following Web site. We will be glad to assist you further.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact/chat_1.html

or

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pa ... g=en&cc=us

It worked for me - just watch Wanted on Bluray

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays

Dan

Thanks for fix, worked first time

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Jarod

Had the same problem on my Acer notebook and Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit.

Installing the new Intel-Driver (Matrix Store Manager) and restarting the system (twice) helped, everything works fine now.

Thanks for preventing me from installing nero light :D

BR,

Jarod

Guest PeterB

Can you please explain in more detail how the problem was solved. What should I download from which site?

• 3 months later...
Guest yamnik
Hi, my new Sony VAIO VGN-FW270J/B has the same drive and will not recognise/see any blank blu-ray discs (the drive plays normal DVDs and CDs no problem). Should I try the same solution? Thanks, Quentin

I have Sony VAIO VGN-FW355J and it worked beautifully. I didn't need to run the 3rd step. Thanks a lot. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest PRADEEP PAWAR

I had the same problem on my new acer aspire 6530g model, now It worked for me after this processs

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SweetRi

OMGGGGG!!!!!!!!! DAN!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My bf and I have been doing research on this issue for MONTHS, and i'm not even over-exaggerating!!!

Websites after website, blogs after blogs, forums after forums with NADA!

Finally someone who can give a clear and DETAILED explanation on HOW to resolve the issue! I own a Sony Vaio (FW series) and even though your solution was meant for a HP, I followed your instructions to the T and my BD rom actually works now!! One shot! Hallelujah!!!

Not even SONY TECH SUPPORT could help me on this! I had decided to get in touch with them two days ago because I was so fed up of the extensive and time-consuming research.

I've owned this laptop for a little bit over a year now, so, out of warranty of course.

BUT, their tech support website for out of warranty products proudly displays "FREE TECH SUPPORT CHAT".Along with... in a smaller font at the bottom of their enthusiastic claim, the following notes:

(Over 50% of the issues get resolved free within 15 minutes)

Note: Note: If your issue is not resolved within 15 minutes, you will have the option to pay a low one-time charge of $24.99 (USD) to continue your Chat and Remote Support session. RETURNING CUSTOMERS: If you are a returning customer with an active Sony Chat Support Package, your session will not have a time limit and you will not be charged.

I decided to give it a shot! I was sure it was just a matter of tweaking, adjusting certain settings or installing the right driver from their website. I had tried downloading all their windows 7

driver updates because I knew the problem started when I upgraded from Vista to 7 Ultimate (x64). But nothing worked.

As soon as I entered the chat room , I gave them the FULL rundown on what my problem was (bd rom not recognized, i hear spinning, but nothing happens, downloaded ALL your latest

drivers, still nothing!) to ensure there wouldn't be too much back and forth. The rep then hacked into my laptop ("legally" of course, lol aint that funny!) and proceeded to go into my

device manager and event log to highlight and show me the exclamation mark next to my bd drive settings . A whole 10mins went by without much happening...just me sitting in front of my inactive screen and waitng...til she finally writes (and not "ASKS"): "Let me run a FREE PC Health Scan on your system to check if there are any additional errors present in your computer"

I refuse, she writes some more useless information , I wait some more, I ask what to do, wait some more......Anywayyyyyyyyyyyy............ to make the long story short, I spent a whole 45mins

with the rep online! WOW! But she took the time with you! Well over the free 15mins! How nice of her you might say! Right?? WRONG! Nice try SONY! All this useless waste of time (and mine) for her to tell me that: HEY! LOOK! YOU HAVE A PROBLEM! (duhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and

as I ask her "yes, i know, but how do I fix it?" I am then told the following (Brace yourself! lol!):

Alright, in that case, you can just pay nominal charges of $24.99 to allow me continue working on the issue.

However, if you pay $10 more, I can get this issue resolved + provide you 1 time PC Optimization session (worth $34.99).

HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! VERY FUNNY!! Hilarious!!! :lol:

HORRIBLE SONY! So disappointed! Next time I need a laptop, I may decide to give my 2000$ to someone else....maybe you Dan! lol

THANKS A BILLION TIMES FOR YOUR HELP! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!

I had the same problem on my new HP Pavilion dv7 - couldn't see/install the bluray dvd drive

Here is the fix (direct from a 3:00AM Christmas morning live chat w/ HP Support)

Step 1:

1. Please go to Start, in the search field please type Device Manager 2. Now Device Manager will be listed above. 3. Please select that and device manager will open.

OR

Press Windows Key + R key, In Run please type devmgmt.msc and press enter.Device manager will open.

Now

Restart the Notebook.

Step 2:

4. Click File, Export, type a filename that is easy for you to remember, and click Save.

A copy of the registry has saved for back-up purposes to the Documents folder. If problems occur after using these steps, browse to the file and double-click it to restore the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE h

SYSTEM

CurrentControlSet

Control

Class

6. Select 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318. Make sure you have selected this exact key name.

7. Select the LowerFilters value and press the Delete key. Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.

8. If an UpperFilters value is also listed, select UpperFilters in the right window and press the Delete key.

9. Delete all other UpperFilter and LowerFilter values within the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 key if they exist.

10. Close the registry editor and restart the computer. The disc drive should now be recognized by Windows.

restart the Notebook.

Step 3:

BIOS RESET

2. When the HP logo appears, press the F10 key to enter BIOS configuration utility.

If the issue persists, please contact us by visiting the following Web site. We will be glad to assist you further.

or

Dan

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest naxas

Step 1:

OR

Now

Restart the Notebook.

Step 2:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE h

SYSTEM

CurrentControlSet

Control

Class

restart the Notebook.

Step 3:

BIOS RESET

or

Dan

Thanks a lot for this information. I don't have to go BIOS Reset. It is working after step 1 and step 2, I mean my Blue Ray DVD reading movie now.

• 3 months later...
Guest Noah

You are my hero. I was at my wits end trying to figure it out

And all I needed was step 1 & 2! Thanks again!