[C] Audio CD: Crack sound at the end of the last track

Version: 4.2.3.1110

I have burnt two differents audio compilations (from MP3 files) using DAO mode, one on a rewritable CD and the other on a CD-R, and I have a crack noise at the end of the last track !

I did not notice such a problem using another burning utility with the same CD-RW, and the same type of CD-R (yes, noname ones, but I never failed burning them and no errors when checking the CD).

Shall I provide the end of the last track (WAV format) so you can here the noise ?

Regards,

Jonathan

It is not only that there is a crack noise but the track does not end and the disk does not jump to the first track, for example, when I listen to it in my car. It is not about the playback settings of the player because CDs burnt with other software did not have the same problem.

• 1 month later...

I have also had this problem. I have done some investigation in an effort to help debug it:-

- It does not seem to occur when playing a CD when using a drive on my PC, but it does on my HiFi and on my car stereo.

- I have tried two different CD-R manufacturers and the problem occurs on both.

- I have tried writing CDs at slower speeds (32x rather than 48x), but this does not help.

- The problem occurs when using WAV files. It also occurs when using MP3 files.

- I have tried using older versions of CDBurnerXP. 4.1.2.789 does NOT have the problem. 4.2.1.950 DOES have the problem, so it has been introduced somewhere inbetween those two versions.

Let me know if you need more information.

I have just noticed the problem and it is very annoying. I have tried adding silence at the end of the disks but that does not fix it.

I will probably go back to using NERO as this is simply too annoying and ruins my enjoyment of the CD.

I am burning GAPLESS CD's and I can't believe that this bug exists and has not been fixed by now. I am playing these on a normal CD player that sits by my bed. :(

It cracks several times before finally returning to the 00 status.

I am deciding whether I will have to burn all the CDs over again - very annoying and expensive too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I use this fine programm since any weeks. The other programm I use is the last version (update) from the old Nero 6.

The most CDs I burn are Audio CDs.

The problem of Nero was, that some cheap CD-players in simple radios have problems with dedecting the first song of burned discs. Allways the same - every burnig speed or diffrent kinds of blank CD.

Now I was using CDBurnerXP in latast version.

System: XP pro SP3

At first I was very happy with the result. The burned audios are running on all players, BUT.... :o

Their is another problem - all the Audio CDs are having a problem at the end of the last song, the end of the CD.

Hang up at the end!

I think the problem could have the same reason, discribed in this topic before?

Could it be, that the CDs is not closed in right way?

The flag for closing the CD is set (burnig options) - I have proved for myself for more than once.

Sorry for my English 8)

Tom, Tirol, Austria

To the guy who was burning gapless CD's:

Was the rest of the CD fine? Were there any skips between the tracks, and did you have to do anything special to make the CD's gapless?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest bxdanny

I have the same problem.

The CDs play fine on the PC, but on my stereo (a compact system with the brand name jWIN), there is a repeated loud cracking noise after the last track is played. On my car stereo, the cracking noise is heard once, then the last track repeats (instead of the CD restarting from the first track). The program is very nice except for this flaw. I hope it can be fixed.

I have also been burning my discs in "gapless" mode, since the proper gaps are usually included in the files for each song. Has anyone determined whether this problem goes away if the disc is burned with added gaps (meaning not DAO mode)?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest luke26

the problem is that the program simply doesnt finalize audio cd. if u check your burned audio cd under the light u'll see that theres no characterstic line at the end of the tracks which indicates that cd was closed (or finalized) thats why we get that glitch at the end of album. i think its a seriuos flaw thank god it only costed me 1 blank cd. personally i like this software but this is really dissapointing hope there will be fix soon.

• 2 weeks later...
It is not only that there is a crack noise but the track does not end and the disk does not jump to the first track, for example, when I listen to it in my car. It is not about the playback settings of the player because CDs burnt with other software did not have the same problem.

same problem here :(:?

Guest pyth

I got the same problem although I never heard a crack noise. It is just that the CD player hangs up at the end of the last track. So i have to eject and reinsert the CD to make the player work again. It is not a big problem, but it would be nice if you could fix it. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest mau108

I have the same problem, I thought it was me, but I had burnt 2 audio cds and both in my car just hang after the last track. I have to force it to play track 1 again or eject and play.

Any word on a fix? Great program otherwise. Also anyone know how to write text to the disc as well?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My first post....

I have a similar problem when I try to burn a gapless audio CD. On playback there is a crack sound at the end of the last track, the music jumps back to an earlier place on the disc, and the process repeats forever.

CDBurnerXP 4.2.1430, MS Vista Home 64-bit, LG Super Multi DVD Rewriter model GH22LP20

We'll see if an updated burning library does a better job...

Is this something I should be doing, or is it something you will do when you make a new version of CDBurnerXP? Please excuse the naive question. :)

Guest JeePee

I'm using CDBurnerXP version 4.2.4.1430 and I'm still having this problem.

I'm also very very very sure that I checked 'finalize disc' and it's in Disc-at-once-mode. I have this problem when I use CUE-sheets, but also when I burn seperate tracks to audio.

I really hope this problem will be solved in a new version of the program!

I also tried using the setting "Add a pause between each track". Then on playback there is a crack at the end of every track. I assumed this was caused by the laser being switched off and on during the burning process, but I don't really know. I wonder whether it is part of the same problem.

Is this something I should be doing, or is it something you will do when you make a new version of CDBurnerXP? Please excuse the naive question. :)

That'll be my task. Except for a minor "missing" feature, I already prepared a version of CDBurnerXP which uses a different burning library. Hopefully it'll be ready soon...

Except for a minor "missing" feature, I already prepared a version of CDBurnerXP which uses a different burning library. Hopefully it'll be ready soon...

Really? That would be very nice! At least I hope soo... :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.