Sign in to follow this  

CDburnerXP has no support for UDF/ISO Multisession DVDs

Hi,

This bug was in version 2.9 as well,

I 3 sessions with nero usign UDF/ISO Bridge mode (UDF 1.02 & Iso level2),

When I click on the DVD burner and then go to the session window and click clear, CDburnerXP 3 correctly lists the 3 UDF/ISO sessions (although it should refresh automatically, much easier for the user)

I then burnt the new files, but, they don't appear when I go to the DVD writers drive under my computer, the problem is, XP is listing the UDF sessions it finds and CDBurner XP appears to still write in ISO mode.

Please see

www.frustra.com/Z3r0/session.PNG (nero disc information screen)

www.frustra.com/Z3r0/session2.PNG (CdburnerXP clearly shows that the 4th session has been burnt correctly)

www.frustra.com/Z3r0/session3.PNG

Oh no, my DVD drive no longer shows the other 2 sessions, what the hell? it should still show them.

Strange, I logged in, but it didn't attribute the post to me :(

ok, I managed to recover my missing files, by burning a 5th session with Nero and continuing from the 3rd session (the UDF/ISO session), because it wouldn't let me continue from CDBurnerXPs ISO session,

www.frustra.com/Z3r0/session4.PNG

www.frustra.com/Z3r0/session5.PNG

Phew

Please can you add (multisession) support for UDF/ISO mode as I believe UDF mode is suggested for DVDs and it would be cool to have it.

Thanks

Z3r0

Please can you add (multisession) support for UDF/ISO mode as I believe UDF mode is suggested for DVDs and it would be cool to have it.

Isn't this bug more a feature request then?

I guess it's both, it's a bug because it made my data go missing when I burnt a session onto the DVD with it and it doesn't retain compatibility with discs burnt with other burning software, or to be more exact, it breaks compatibility with the Windows XP DVD filesystem standards by creating an ISO filesystem on a DVD with UDF filesystems so that the ISO filesystems cannot be read, or rather, XP will only read the UDF filesystems and will skip the ISO only filesystems.

Infact I was just about to reformat without actually having checked if the data had burnt correctly and I could have lost a lot of photos and files.

And it's also a feature request because CDburnerXP has no UDF support which is what DVDs are meant to use, you only have the older ISO format.

I would say that, if you are going to give the ability to burn DVDs then this isn't a feature, this is a necessity, DVD players/DVD Videos use the UDF format I believe.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.