CDBurnerXP shows "no compatible drive" but has worked before

joesee

Hello,

I've got CD BurnerXP version 4.2.3.1110 installed on my 32bit Vista Business (6.0.6001) with Service Pack 1 installed on my Dell Optiplex 755 (C2D 3GHz/2GBram/250GB) system. I've got a Toshiba/Samsung DVD burner installed (shows up as "TSST corp DVD+-RW TS-H653F ATA Device"). My system recently crashed and had to have a new hard drive installed. CDBurnerXP was previously installed on my old drive and worked perfectly. After installing Vista Business again, CDBurnerXP shows "No compatible drives" under "Display Recorder Info". It's frustrating.

I've gone to http://cdburnerxp.se/help/appendices/troubleshooting and followed the directions at the top of this page and I am the local Administrator of this machine, so NeroBurnRights isn't needed.

I've also gone through the Microsoft KB929461 as posted and deleted the registry keys for filtered drivers. No luck.

I've removed CDBurnerXP and restarted, then downloaded a fresh copy from the website and installed, rebooted and no luck as well.

I performed a burn to dvd using the default Windows Vista burn capability and tested the disc in another machine so I know the drive is installed and functioning properly.

If there is anything I should do next, please reply. If you need any other information about my system, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!!

-Joe

Columbus, OH

BTW.. when this program worked, it was excellent! Thanks for the hard work put into this free program!

Maybe you missed some drivers during reinstallation of your OS? Or alternatively, you installed a conflicting component which hasn't been there before.

Thank you for the reply! This system is a very clean install. I've got the basics installed, and no other media software (Roxio, Nero, etc.) installed so hopefully there shouldn't be any other conflicting drivers, dll's, or registry entries keeping me from using it like it should. Is there any suggestions on how to go about getting this to work? I'm tempted to install Nero just to see if it works. Previously I had Nero 8 Ultra installed with CDBurnerXP and both worked great.

Any ideas welcomed! Thanks in advance!

So you have got a Dell, right? At least for laptops, I know that there is a plethora of driver and system packages you can or have to install so that everything works. Did you install some of them already?

• 1 month later...
Guest Melbye

I got the same problem with my Dell Studio running Vista Ultimate. When I first installed CDBXP 4.2.3.1110 it found my Optiarc DVDRWBD BC-5600S ATA device without problems, and all worked fine for a while. Suddenly, some day and for no apparent reason, CDBXP would report that there was no compatible CD/DVD drive present. Removal and re-install would not help. I finally gave it up and installed ImgBurn, which work flawlessly. Also Nero 9 Light version, Power ISO, CloneDVD2 and other similar programs have no problems finding my drive. CDBXP is the only odd exception. I would like to see it fixed, because I really liked the program.

Guest x_John_x

Same on Windows 7. Installed, works two times, then couldn't find any drive.

Guest Melbye
Same on Windows 7. Installed, works two times, then couldn't find any drive.

I have now tried a number of various DVD/CD burner programs under Vista, and none gives me any such problems, - except CDBXP. It points in the direction of a flaw that the programmers should identify and correct in their next version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi at all, i had the same Problem with my dell studio 15 Notbook an the Optiarc BC 5600 S Drive.

After installation of the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager from here

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=2101&DwnldID=17268&strOSs=164&OSFullName=Windows%20Vista*%2032〈=eng

everything works fine.

I hope it will help somebody who has the same problem.

• 1 month later...
Guest Topstar

Indeed, works for me as well, thanks for the solution.

Your problem must be with the dell machine, I build my last unit with a MSI motherboard AMD Processor Quad Core running win vista ultma 32 :firefox: have 5 drives this program that Flo has put out works great on anything I have thrown at it so far.

It just not work with my laptop by HP the machine does report a drive with the new program from flo..

Baitman

Guest Carmen-Mexico

Thank you downloading from INTEL worked for me, I have a HP Pavilion dv4-1125nr Entertainment Notebook PC. Very much appreciated!!! :-)

Hi at all, i had the same Problem with my dell studio 15 Notbook an the Optiarc BC 5600 S Drive.

After installation of the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager from here

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=2101&DwnldID=17268&strOSs=164&OSFullName=Windows%20Vista*%2032〈=eng

everything works fine.

I hope it will help somebody who has the same problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Zelet

Just as Carmen-Mexico reported, worked only after installing the Intel drivers on a HP Pavilion DV4-1080! The solution is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Want to add it isn't just Dell. I had XP on this machine worked CDBurnerXP worked great trying Windows 7 RC1 now it says I have no drive.

EDIT

Changing from AHCI to IDE in the BIOS helped my drive show. But everything seems slower.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ian Hill

Why can't I create a CD with say 80 MP3 tracks that will work on my MP3 CD player but which works fine on my computer?

Guest examiner

Thanx for the great advice Intel Matrix Storage solved everything on ym Dell Studio 1537! I am very happy, because I just lov CDBXP! :)

• 3 months later...
Guest jozko

maybe you have a virus that blocks you cd/dvd driver i have this problem too the virus is called olmarik and i cant delete it :(

• 2 months later...
Guest styx

Great solution! Thank you. Installing Intel Matrix Storage software on HP Probook 4510s solved the problem. DVD Writer is HP CDDVDW TS-L633M.

Regards.

• 8 months later...

To jozko:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=co ... d=SOLN2372

Here is a link from ESET Security. Just look for Win32/Olmarik on the page and download the removal tool. If you find that it works, consider buying their antivirus, it is one of the best in the business.

To savage:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR ... %AE+RST%29

It isn't called Intel Matrix Storage anymore, it's now Intel Rapid Storage Technology. You can still download the old Matrix software, but I don't think it was ever released in a Win7 format.

Guest savage

It seems as if the newer download is not helping either for my Windows 7 to be recognized by CDbEX

• 3 weeks later...
Guest T!M

I have suddely (last 2 days) had this affect 3 high end PC's. 2 Intel i5 machines and one i7 based. All of the machines have been running CDburnerXP fine for months and I swear by it. I can only put this sort of problem down to something like (but I haven't proved it yet) Windows updates.

All my boxes were running versions around 4.1 - 4.2 and thankfully simply by updating them to 4.3.7.2356 it has resolved the issue and now the burners are all appearing properly again.

I hope this helps out some others if they experience this similar issue.

T!M

I believe the problem that I'am having with the drive no showing as a drive is the AMD processor, there must be something missing that the program is not picking up?????

Only flo could address this problem????? :?

• 1 month later...

I have been using CDBurnerXP for ages now. Recently, when I reinstalled my OS, I also got "no compatible drives" issue.

As Flo already said at he beginning of the thread -> in my case was missing drivers from my HW manufacturer. When I finally installed - Intel Matrix Storage Manager and Intel Turbo Memory Controller, here we go, drive in burner appeared then.

My task was quite easy right. I knew, that it is working on this HW + OS, so it was just about to install all drivers properly.

Hope it helps!

Like I have said before this computer by HP has an AMD Processor, Have try other programs and they see the drive,

Would prefer to have CdBurnerxp for my choice

I sure Flo will get the program corrected that me and other that are having this problem corrected.. :D:D