Sign in to follow this  
TiKu

[C] CD-Text

I would love to support CDBurnerXP, but I need CD Text. This is an important feature for me, as you can see what the title of the CD is when you put it in a compatible player, which is just about all of current models, also all computer media players that I know about. CD Text is a well established standard that has been around for years. If the burning library CDBurnerXP uses does not support CD Text, perhaps it is time to use another library.

- Chris

Same for me, cd text is an importanta features that many times made me prefer others burning software. CDBurnerXp is powerfull, easy 2 use, free, but sometimes there's some limitations...

Anyway GREAT JOB guys!!!

I'm with you.

CDBurner XP should support CD-Text.

Today almost all CD players read the CD-Text on the dics to display the artist, title, etc.

It would be great that CDBurner XP creates audio CD with CD text!

:D

CD-text, today, is a standar feature of almost all car stereos and stereos.

It's very nice to be playing a CD and see the name of the artist/song/album, etc.

I'm aware that CDBurnerXP is not able to do so since the SDK couldn't, but I guees the SDK developer should be contacted and insist to implement this feature.

There are other freeware burning apps that already support CD Text.

TJ, welcome to the club :D

I really hate that also, but according to flo, the CD Text feature could not be added yet because the SDK (software Developer Kit) used on CDBurner XP doesn't support it yet :?

It's a shame, perhaps flo and all CDburnerXP user should press the SDK? if so please tell us at what email we should made that request to the SDK

Regards

:D:D:D:D:D

2009-09-06, Sunday

1558 Implemented CD-Text (based on StarBurn)

So we should see it in the next release!

PS: Is StarBurn the backend that CDBurnerXP uses? If so, we'll know where to go to request certain features.

I just joined to ask for it. Guessed that is was already asked. As the latest version (at least stable) does not support that...

it would be very nice to have CD-Text

Unfortunately, that cannot be done until the burning library supports it so it's not in our hands.

Who takes care about the library? He/she/they should be convinced that it needed. Thank you.

I downloaded the latest version today 4.2.5.xxxx (before I had 4.4. xxxx). Now I see 4.2.6 BETA has CD-Text I will try that.

Guest cd_paul

I successfully burned an audio CD starting from a m3u file, but the length of the text is only about 8 characters. Is there a way to set the lenth of the text to a longer title?