Sign in to follow this  
BSM2008

Won't uninstall

I uninstalled CDBurnerXP but it won't go away. At random times when I am doing something completely different up will pop a window saying that it is installing CDBurnerXP. The install bar goes about a third of the way and then I get a window that tells me that it can't install CDBurnerXP because a network resource is missing. I click OK and it unwinds the install status. Then it starts all over again. I can't get rid of it. It's looking for a file called _is2CF in the bowels of an unused profile in Documents and Settings.

I tried to run RogueRemover but CDBurnerXP came up instead and started its installation thang. I ran CCleaner and it found 9 entries in the registry relating to CDBurnerXP. I deleted them all and ran RogueRemover again. Up came CDBurnerXP again.The only way I can stop the installer loop is to kill it in Task Manager or System Checker.

I have done a search for all .msi files but it ain't there. So where is it and why can't I and my tools get rid of it?

[attachment=0]CDBurnerXP.doc[/attachment]

1 How do you know that I am dealing with version 3? I have no way of knowing that since I have been through a disinstall.

2 What is the point in directing me to a download of a .msi file? What will that do for me?

3 Why has my post been moved from the Bugs forum? This is not a General Discussion topic.

4 I have provided specific information about a specific problem. The least you could do is provide specific answers.

1. I know, that's enough (your screenshots tell me).

2. Your deinstaller is looking for this file. Unfortunately, the version 3 installer was based on the Windows Installer and thus is somewhat problematic sometimes.

3. It's not a bug in our software, and it's not a bug in the latest version either.

4. No comment on that one.