Sign in to follow this  
knight.rider

Reload disc after burning / No Audio CD spin-down

Hi everyone.

First of all let me thank you for all your work on CDBurnerXP. I just started using it, and I love it! This is by far the best alternative to Nero (my old burning application).

I'd like to add a feature request though. From what I see, the burnt disc isn't reloaded after the burn process... What I mean by this is, when I finish burning, I can't access the disc from Windows until I manually eject and close the disc tray. Plus, I noticed when I finish burning an Audio CD, beside the behavior I mentioned, the disc keeps spinning at maximum speed until I eject it.

I could solve this by turning on the "eject disc after burning" option - I don't like to use this option though, because I fear someone walking by might break the tray in case I'm not at the PC.

Is this a problem with my specs? ( burner: LG GSA-4163B / Windows Vista Business 32-bit / CDBurnerXP v4.2.3.1110 ) Or is it common to everyone?

If it's a common thing, and you feel it's worth checking out, may I suggest a behavior similar to K3B in KDE desktop environment for example - what it does is automatically eject the tray, and reload it right afterwards. This allows access to the burnt disc from the filesystem after burning.

Thank you, and a Merry Christmas to all,

Knight