Sign in to follow this  
larry11143

cannot complete CDburnerXP launch

After I select the FINISH button, I get a message "CDburnerXP has encounted a problem and needs to close" . It directs me to tell microsoft which I did a month ago. I get the same message when I try to open CDburnerXP. I have a XP. Please help. thanks, Larry

By the way, I just tried to reinstall .net without success. I get an error message during setup similar to the one I got for CDburnerXP. This one says "microsoft .net 2.0 has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete correctly." I get this message if I select REPAIR or UNINSTALL. I'm stuck. Please help. Larry

More info. I do not know how to post screenshots. But thanks to the guy how did on Aug 28, 2008 on an identical problem I do not have to. The error signature was exactly the same except for the following.... P2: 4.2.3.1110 P3: 49162128 P6: 461eee3d P7: 1a 8b

Hope this helps - its all Greek to me. Larry

I hope nobody is working on this problem because I think I finally stumbled on a fix, thanks to you and your FAQ. The problem is I had a broken and out of date .net. It would not let me repair or uninstall. I used the uninstall tool you recommended and after several trial and error attempts it let me uninstall the 2.0 version and install the 3.5 version. In the process, I reloaded the windows explorer 7.0 to made sure I had the latest service packs (2 and 3 I think). I am not sure I needed to update windows for this problem, but I figured it might help avoid future problems on other issues. Thanks for your website. Larry

Guest konv

Is it the same error as yours? When I'm going to launch cdburnerxp always shows me the next images:

th_xp2.jpg

th_xp1.jpg

What should I do in order to make the program work to my computer?

Thank you.