"TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633L ATA" not recognized

Hello,

I'm trying to install CDBurnerXP on a new Pavilion DV7-1110EL with Vista 32Bit but the dvd rw unit is not recognized.

Drive is described as "TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633L ATA Device"

The software gives "No compatible drives". I also tried with latest dev build 1164 but same results.

On same PC other tools like Nero or Infrarecorder work fine with the unit.

Any workaround or fix for that? Any way to force the use of the drive?

I love CDBurnerXP and I don't want to use another burning software :(

Thanks for the answer, flo :)

Any eta for engine new release?

In the meantime is it possible to use some kind a workaround to make the drive recognized by CDBXP as another supported drive?

I have a Dell Latitude E5400 with the TS-L633A (running firmware D500) and I have the same issue. I can't seem to cross flash it with the offical Samsung firmware and I don't see any new Dell firmwares. Might be S.O.L. :? I'm still looking into it, but this bums me since I was ready to ditch Nero for this CDBurnerXP.

• 1 month later...

Hi, all.

I have found a solution: I have disabeled the AHCI in the BIOS.

But what is this AHCI ???

Can I have compatibility problems or reduced performances on SATA HDD??

(I have a HP 6735S with Vista 32 Businnes)

Thank in advance and sorry for bad English!

• 2 months later...
Guest Beertje

I've got the same problem : I've got a HP Pavilion DJ7 1220ed with a TSSTCorp L633L drive, and it just won't work in CDBurnerXP. I've updated the firmware from HP OEM 0500 to RPC01 with TsdnWin.exe -NOCHECK (see http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44504 ) but to no avail. The Samsung ( = TSSTCorp) website contains the topic "Drive is not recognized", to which the solution is : "All CD-ROM drives are recognized automatically in Windows" - so that doesn't help much. However, IMGBurner and DVD Lab Pro do work with this firmware, so until this is resolved I guess I'll have to resort to that :(

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I just upgraded to windows 7 this week-end (because Vista died and the recovery partition was damaged), and I just realized that the CD/DVD reader/burner is recognized as a READER ONLY !

I searched many forums to find a driver, but these things seem impossible to find :smileysad:

Config:

HP Pavilion dv5-1130ef / Windows 7 Ultimate / TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633L ATA Device / Windows generic driver installed 6.1.7600.16385

(... more if requested)

also, CDburnerXPpro (but this is not important as the problem is in windows, not in the burning software)

Problem:

The CD/DVD device is recognized by windows as a reader only, I can't burn any CD/DVD.

Request:

HP drivers for TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633L ATA Device on windows vista or windows 7 if already available.

I really hope someone can help me,

Best,

Morrison

• 2 months later...
Guest frankdan

Hi people,I've got an HP Pavilion 1120el notebook and also for me optical drive wasn't recognized by CDBXP.I'm on W7 64 bits.I've restarted nb and entered BIOS as someone of you suggested,but I haven't found any AHCI item.BIOS version is F.21.

What can I do ???

Guest frankdan

Sorry,if your cpu and chipset version are Intel P7xxx series,plz make a websearch for iata96cd.exe - Intel Rapid Storage Manager and install it instead of Intel® Matrix Storage Manager : the last one might create some drive incompatibilities with W7 x32/x64 and make Windows Update module no working correctly.