Warning! some file could not be added to the compilation....

Hi every one..Im new to this forum..

I just had a problem today when I tried burning DVD's.. it Says:

" File Larger than 4GiB cannot be added without UDF file System "

I had been burning DVD's many times before without any problem, this warning message suddenly came out today.

I've already upgraded to the latest version but did not solve the problem

If any body has the solution please send help.

thank you

CDBurnerXP ver ..4.2.003.1110

Comodo Internet Security

• 2 weeks later...
Guest perette

i had another problem : I burned 4 movies on the DVD and let it "open". ok

but, when I tried to add another one, it added it well... but I can't see anymore the 4 others : they are here (because there is 4 Go on the disk) but I can't neither see or catch them !

how can I do ?

thank you very much !!!

• 2 months later...
Guest HalAdam

I get the same message using 4.2.4.1300 and my I do NOT want to use the UDF file system and my file size is exactly 4 GB (NOT Larger). That is 4x1024x1024x1024 = 4294967296 bytes. This appears to be a bug.

Why this restriction in the first place??? DVDBurner allows burning to 4.7 GB (max for DVD-R) WITHOUT forcing a UDF file system.

Any reply would be appreciated.

Guest HalAdam
I get the same message using 4.2.4.1300 and my I do NOT want to use the UDF file system and my file size is exactly 4 GB (NOT Larger). That is 4x1024x1024x1024 = 4294967296 bytes. This appears to be a bug.

Why this restriction in the first place??? DVDBurner allows burning to 4.7 GB (max for DVD-R) WITHOUT forcing a UDF file system.

Any reply would be appreciated.

The message I was getting was 'Files larger than 4GiB (4294967296 bytes) cannot be added without UDF file system.

I CANNOT use a UDF file system since when I reference the .tib file used by TrueImage Backup it cannot handle it. It ONLY handles ISO9660/Joliet (I think).

Guest HalAdam

Thanks for the quick reply.

Then how come the error message does not say "The other file systems CDBurnerXP uses do not support files of this size." Up to what maximum file size can your implementation of ISO9660/Juliet support?

DeepBurner suports files of up to 4.7 GB the maximum a DVD-R media can hold. Strange that this softeare is so limited.