Sign in to follow this  
skeetshooter

[C] Won't update file on disk

Burned a cd to backup files and all looks normal during the process. The problem comes in when I updated a word document and try to burn it to my disk again. Everything appears to go as it should but when I open the document on the disk the old file shows up without changes but the file properties show it updated with the new date and time. Any ideas on how to fix?

Here it is:

insert cd

Opend cdburner

click on data disc then continue disc

select the updated file I want to burn ot disc and click add button

A window opens that says "compilation already contains file" then ask is I want to replace I click on yes then click the burn button

clicked on leave disk open

Thats pretty much it, also I did not notice until later that each time I try to update the disc it adds the unchanged file instead of replacing it, I have 7 copies of the same file of the cd.

Guest Iowa Mike

I have run into the same problem. When I try to update an exisiting data file on the disc it appears to work but later when I check the disc the old file is there - not the updated one. I have tried different versions of CD Burner with the same results.

I've noted same behavior. To avoid this bug, after updates, save compilation and exit program. After restarting it works fine.

If it can be useful, I've opened with Windows Explorer an uncorrect CD and I've seen that updated files appear twice with same name. But trying to open the two different files, system refers always to older.

Well, I just verified whether or not it works, and it seems to (work). Maybe you have encountered the Windows disc caching. This would cause you not seeing any changes to the disc's files. To make sure, eject the disc and if that does not help, reboot your computer. Yes, this sucks, but I didn't invent it.

Just for the record, I have changed the behaviour for replacing files, make sure to check the next version. Maybe it works better.

Guest Iowa Mike

Ejecting the disc or rebooting did not seem to help. When I try to update an exisitng file on the cd, it appears to work but the old file remains without the updated information. Nothing in the file changes including the date and time modified. This happens with word files, exel, and also .pdf files. Flo, I hope your fix works.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.