Sign in to follow this  
dgjm

No Compatible Drives in my new Dell Studio Laptop

Hi

I have just purchased a Dell Studio Laption and have Roxio lite preinstalled which does not include an option to burn DVD movies. I installed CD Burner XP and the CD Burner XP advises there are no compatible drives. Is it possible that I get this message because I have Roxio Creator DE installed which may prevent other burners from working? I ask, because I didn't receive a Roxio CD with my laptop and I don't want to uninstall it as I will not be able to re-install it if I need to.

I spoke to Dell Technical Support who checked my laptop and found no problem with the hardware or its drivers as it does burn to DVD's. They suggested I contact the software company. Please advise how this can be resolved.

Thank you

Guest Teresa

Hi I just bought an Advent 5611 And no drivesare compatible either. Spoke to PC world who tell me my PC is fine and it must be Cd Burner with the fault.

Guest fulat2k

I'm facing the same problem with my Dell Studio 1537. It's equipped with an Optiarc drive (I can't remember the specific model). Been using Imgburn with no problems.

Guest fulat2k

Just checked my Studio and it's equipped with Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7640S. It's listed in the compatible drives for CDBurnerXP. Any idea why CDBurnerXP doesn't recognise the device?

Guest JasonD

Same problem here. It looks like all the new Dell Studios have an incompatible drive. Any chance this drive can be added to the compatible list?

Guest examiner

Same problem with my Dell Studio A537

CDBurnerXP v. 4.2.4.1235 (and any older) does not work with my DVD-RW drive altough it is being listed in the Compatible Drive list.

When trying to Burn ISO, I get "The drive(s) could not be initialized" error and on attempt to burn data compilation it says "Cannot continue with burning process, because you did not select a burning device".

When I click on Report Wotking Drive, it says that there is no compatible device on my laptop.

My drive is TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-T633A ATA Device and is listed in Compatible drive list. Other burning programs - Nero, BurnAware or even software with only bonus CD burning capability like nlite - work normally. I am running Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

I used to have an Optiarc drive before on the same laptop and had the same problems... what is going on here?

Guest dupineic

idem with a french 1537 laptop and a hybrid.

cdburner doesn't find any compatible drives ....

Guest CassandraDeakin

i have a HP Laptop, my CD Burner XP Software WAS working, and suddenly one day i tried burning an ISO file, and it said that the device could not be nitialized, even though it used to work, please help! :(:lol::firefox:

Guest Mossad

Hey guys it is not about Dells or CDBurnerxp.

dupieni is the one that was with the answer.

I have a Sumsung R510, origanny had Vista, upgraded to

Win7 and lost functionality of ma burner in the process.

It was dupieni'2 first link that did it and I had to restart twice before it worked.

Cheers