Sign in to follow this  
Vantales

Problem after trying to burn a DVD iso

well I have a huge problem now. I tried to burn a DVD iso from Fedora 10 with CDBurnerXP. It recognized my drive and the DVD. When I started to burn the image it said that it needs about 12 minutes. About 10 minutes later there was no progress in burning. So I aborted the burning operation. The program took about 10-20 minutes until it closed. Now my drive can´t read any CD/DVD anymore. No matter if it is an original or a self burned CD/DVD. I tried everything now but nothing. CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW. All couldn´t be read. My drive just tries to read them but just after starting to spin the CD/DVD it stops again a second later.

Hope someone can help me out here cause it´s a notebook I´m using. Don´t know how much a new drive would cost. I have a little hope that there`s any sort of command that switches the drive to burning mode and CDBurnerXP forgot to reset. Well, I don´t think it but I hope it :P

The similar happens to me - I'm trying to burn Windows7 .iso - no progress on screen for 20-30 min, but it seems that there is record on DVD. I have no problem using my drive for another CD and DVD.

I liked installation package - it is the first one I see with optional language pack installation (and it has Bulgarian :D). Which program are you using for installation pack? (There is a problem during installation - it says that can't find NMSDVDXU.dll in target folder. The file is there, I've checked, but the program can't register DLL/OCX, code error 2, CreateProcess, The system cannot find the file specified)

Best regards,

Sergey