Sign in to follow this  
TexMax

Unable to add .flac files to audio compilation

I am unable to add .flac files to an audio CD compilation. Any .flac file I try to add reports an error: File Report -- Warning! Some files could not be added to the compilation or has been truncated due to a long file name. See list for details. Name: 01 - Pretending.flac Details: External component has thrown an exception.

I have tried .flac files from 2 different sources. If I convert the .flac to a .wav, I can add the song to the compilation. I have read the FAQs, bug reports, etc. and searched the forums for ".flac" and came up with nothing related. Could this be something related to not downloading Microsoft Windows Media Format 9.0 Update? I currently have Windows Media Player 11 installed (version 11.0.5721.5230). Using Windows XP Home. Using CDBurnerXP version 4.2.31110. Thanks.

In this case, there would be a problem with the BASS audio library, but I have no idea why this component wouldn't work. In the past, it proved to be rather reliable...

Is the BASS component something that was installed with CDBurnerXP or is it something that I need to download and (re)install? Also, do you need me to upload one of the .flac files for you to examine? Thanks.