Sign in to follow this  
Guest BHA

PLAYS ON PC, BUT NOT ON DVD PLAYER

Guest BHA

I know I am brand new to this, but I spent the day with my credit card downloading 15 movies that I want to burn to DVD for personal at home use.

The DVD Burner works fine, and yes, it WILL play on the Computer.

But, when I place it into our DVD Player, it will not play. It says "bad disc."

HOW do I burn these so they will play on our DVD Player?

Can someone help?

Brad

Guest Jboog

I also got this problem with some dvd's, it depends on which brand your dvd's are and which brand your dvd player is.

if both are from good brands it will work, if your dvd player is frome a good brand and the dvd's not it will work, but if both are from bad quality brands it won't work

Guest Darkmyst

actually it depends on how old your DVD player is as well as the brand, discs matter as well if you do a little bit of research

DVD +R is compatible with less DVD players then DVD -R discs other then that though discs dont matter. Also the movie as you download it if the files are not .vob's your not getting dvd files to burn and that is why your getting the bad disc reading.

You need a conversion program such as VSO's convertXtoDVD that will make them dvd format then burn those files to disc using a program meant to burn DVD's I have yet to be able to burn any movie i have payed for and downloaded straight to DVD without conversion and watch it on a DVD Player.

Hope this helps ya.

Guest GregC

Make sure it is UDF filesystem on the DVD and not Joliet or ISO. DVD players most likely only understand UDF.

Ensure you are set to burn in NTSC mode, not PAL. PAL is the default on a lot of burners, but you won't be able to play that in a North American DVD Player.

Allan