Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeLpMeWiThCdBuRnErXp

Doesn't recognize some recorders

Guest HeLpMeWiThCdBuRnErXp

Is a CD-Writer the same thing as a CD Recorder, because i bought a CD Writer and went through all the crap that it said to do, then i try to use it with CD Burner XP and it says "no recorder found, cannot recognize some older recorders" i bout an HP CD-Writer 8200, and i guess its not acceptable.... I have been tryin 2 use cd burner xp forever, but if anyone has any ideas for other cd burners that i can download, im open to suggestions. or open to help with this thing, please help. email me or reply to this, junkfood_junkie3k1@hotmail.com

I have the same problem.. The drives are very new and have the latest drivers and such.. I've burned a few thinks with nero but it doesn't seem to work with cdburnerxp pro

Can you write ordinary files to it using Windows XP's own features; "Write these files to CD" ?

What does it say under Drive -> Properties -> Recording -> "Enable CD recording on this Drive" ?

:!: You should always check thise Windows properties first before using any CD recording package.

Guest Anthony

Hi,

I don't know if your problem is the same as the one I had when I opened CD burner XP Pro 3 it could not recognise my DVD writer drive then I clicked on the arrow pointing down where it said D: and the name of my drive this will give you a list of drives on your computer click on the one with the right drive name.

If you are using a external CD-RW or DVD-RW drive then in the box to your left you will see the name Desk top, My documents ans so on go down this list till you fine your drive it may only show up as a letter I hope this is of some help.

Regards Anthony