Sign in to follow this  
Guest merseg

dxp ansi->unt8 conversion

Guest merseg

hi,

i'm trying to create dxp files from outside CDBurnerXP (programatically) and then burn them.

i'm having problems with non english characters, when opening a dxp with such characters CDBurnerXP give the following message:

some files couldn not be added to the compilation or had been truncated due to a long file name

trying to create a compilation for the same problamatic files from within the CDBurnerXP gui works fine.

what kind of ansi encording does CDBurnerXP assume when converting filenames to utf8 (during dxp creation) ?

thanks.

Guest merseg

let me rephrase my question -

when i add files to a compilation through the gui, CDBurnerXP gets an ansi file name from my NTFS file system (from the API really), and puts a UTF8 file name into the dxp. to do this it has to assume some ansi encoding for the original file name (an ansi character 0xf0 could be a japanese character or an arabic character... depending on which ansi encoding you're dealing with).

in the other diretion when i open a dxp file to burn it, CDBurnerXP takes a UTF8 filename from the compilation, converts it to an ansi string and finds the ansi string in the NTFS filesystem (again some API of cousre). to do this conversion some destination encoding must be chosen.

my question is what is this ansi encoding that CDBurnerXP assumes (or deduces from somewhere)?

(if theres no easy answers to my question, i'd appricaite a reference to the relevant code)

thanks.

I wouldn't say that CDBurnerXP gets an "ANSI file name". Since it is written in .NET, all file names are available to CDBurnerXP as UTF-8 "natively". I never have to deal with any conversions.