Program starting up not solved yet [closed]

Hi,

This is the first time I ever used or even tried Freeware.

I am still having the same noted problem. I am running WinXP Pro, with all the updates to include the latest Media Player updates.

Here is what happens:

I double click CD BurnerXP Pro 3 icon and the outline of a window pops up in the middle of my screen but it stops right there. THe first time I waited 15 mins and it finally did open but after I clicked the icon to move music from CD to Disk it froze again. I moved the pop up box that was in the center of screen that said "initializing drives" and under it was the same size box but white and when moved again it left another shadow. I had to "Ctrl+Alt+delete" to shut down the program. After doing that it took about 3 mins before any thing else on my system would respond.

After reading this same issue I did go download the program from the Rixco site and it did no good when I click the program icon i get the same response.

Is there another work around?

Fast Follow up,

I timed everything so far:

After clicking the icon to open program it is taking 16 mins to actually open up.

After clicking audio icon to go to the listing to pick what I want to burn to CD is still working I guess and is past a few mins.

More to come.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dave

I've got the same problem...and it's the first time i got a problem with CDBurnerXp...

I think it could be the drive-recognition, because while loading (no splashscrenn appears but only a thin window border) the drives did not response as usual...they react (for example opens) after too much time...

I've windows xp sp2 - a ricoh burner and a simple dvd drive, which causes no problems so far...

May be this could help you...hope to be able to use this very good program again with the next release...

THANK YOU :)

Guest dave

I think i've just solve a part of the starting-"bug"...

When i start the program with a cd inserted...everything works fine...

So the problem does only appear when you try to start CDBurnerXP 3.0.113 without a cd inserted...

Hope this helps...

I also have this problem, double click the icon i get the outline of what should be the splash screen, wait ~2mins then the image shows and then the program pops up. After that all is fine. I'll try it with a CD in. I've had this problem with 3.0.109 and 3.0.113.

Just tested with a CD as described above and it works fine. Thanks. I'm guessing this will be sorted before the release?

I've noticed that its not confined to start-up. It also freezes whilst the program is in CD-Rip mode and states "initializing CD-drives" then is fine after ~3mins

Thanks Guys,

At first I thought it was just me so I backed up my files and went with a fresh windowsXP installation then installed xp burner but the 109 version and still had the same problem. After running out of ideas I just gave up and uninstalled.

BUt After this post I will get the latest release and try what I have read and stick it out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.