Sign in to follow this  

"Program too big to fit in memory" [solved]

Hi,

A quick summary: I can't install any version of CDBurnerXP past version 2.2.8.

I've tried to install version 2.2.9 and 3.0.109 - and both installations fail. If I click the icon, I get a DOS window flash up quickly. If I try to install from DOS, I get "program too big to fit in memory".

I am not sure specifically what the problem is. I have tried to install the latest MS Windows Installer and I get the message "device already present". I can only guess what this means :)

I'm running Windows 2000 SP4. I'm running IE 5.5SP2. I have 1GB ram, Intel P4 2.8GHz.

Any recommendations welcome.

Many thanks

Fractal

Hi Flo,

The icon for the installer is correct. The file is about 16mb. I tried to download version 2.2.9 twice - just in case the download did not work correctly. I even tried to update within CDBurnerXP itself (2.2.8) - and got the same DOS window.

I suspect that the installer was changed at version 2.2.8 - and maybe my installer has problems. I tried to download it twice too :)

I will try to download the program again - and see how I go. In the mean time, any other recommendations are appreciated.

Regards,

Fractal

Hi Flo,

Downloading the zip seems to have solved the problem! Thanks for the recommendation. Interestingly enough, I must have something strange happening. I used Firefox's downloader, GetRight and CDBurnerXP itself to download. They all gave me a file that did not work.

I've managed to get the latest public beta working - and it looks terrific :)

Thanks for the help with my problem - and with the effort put into supporting this program.

Regards,

Fractal

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.