Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hugh Kernohan

writing error (3): error closing in Win98SE

Guest Hugh Kernohan

I offer this in case it helps development. I have not previously used CDBurnerXP.

Having installed 3.0.115 in Win98SE, I started by wroting a mixed 550Mb of data from my Philips PBRW5224B onto CD-R at x48. After 100% and 4+ minutes CDBurnerXP gave me the message:

Writing error(3): error closing

No additional error data reported (1000)

error sense data: sense key 0 ASC; ASCQ 0

It might have been helpful to have a list of error codes in the help file or on the web pages - perhaps you have but I failed to find it.

The CD was written but unreadable.

From your FAQ I found forceaspi and used it to install the Adaptec 4.60 ASPI layer. The CD is now fully readable! BUT CDBurnerXP no longer recognises the drive as supported!!

I will probe further.

Hugh Kernohan

Guest Hugh Kernohan

I had not run forceaspi properly. It ought to be run from a command prompt under Win98, not an MSDOS box. In the box it cannot delete the active system files. All sorted now after some manual copying.

Thanks.