Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
floele

CDBurnerXP MSI package (beta)

52 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I created an MSI package for those of you, who'd like to deploy CDBurnerXP within an organisation or company. You can download the package from our download page.

A couple of notes:

- The MSI package is (obviously) very new, so please let me know if you experience any issues with it.

- Do not use the MSI package and the usual Inno Setup based installer on the same system.

- If you don't need MSI specifically, use the Inno Setup based installer. It will remain the preferred setup method.

For download sites: Do not use the MSI package. It's meant for system admins and those who know what they are doing only.

Thanks in advance for your feedback :)

please try /qb on the package th'ere are an error

Works fine for me. Please tell me the exact error.

Hi Flo,

Thanks for the MSI package.

I have a question, not directly related to the MSI package, but the program itself... for some reason the installed program tries to connect to the network through Network Neighborhood and the domain... but this doesn't work for some reason and it then times out for aprox. 2 minutes!! everytime you start the program... we then tried to change the XLM file but the program seems to write randomly to ini file at exit... is there anyway to stop this behaviour?

What we want is a possibility to tell CDBurner to default to a default directory when it's started. Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance,

David

have you test an installation via Group Policy? i got always an error!

Cette action n'est valide que pour les produit Installé

i will try to translate

This action is only for product there are installed

@Daviboy: Nope, I have not. But I don't see any obvious reason why it wouldn't work, it's just a default MSI package.

@David E: CDBurnerXP should always start with the last used folder. It will store this information in %appdata%.

@Daviboy: Nope, I have not. But I don't see any obvious reason why it wouldn't work, it's just a default MSI package.

@David E: CDBurnerXP should always start with the last used folder. It will store this information in %appdata%.

Hi Flo,

Ok, so the random generated folder under %appdata% stores last used folder... but is there anyway to add a pre specified folder for the XML file? my problem is that the system client is VERY locked down and due to this the behavior is strange where it tries to go through the network and in the end (2min. timeout) the error message is that it can't reach the domain and that's the reason for changing the default folder path to something else as at least for us seems to correct this behavior... but as the installation gives you a random generated folder it seems hard to be able to change the user.config xml file to point to a predefined folder for the msi file... in short, we want to specify a folder that's being used the first time you start the program.

Many thanks in advance,

David

i have made my own msi of cdburnerxp

and all is functionnal!

tankx!

bye

it gives an error here "Cannot find 'C:\Program'" (and something about finding the folder yourself manually)

apparently it can't handle the space in 'Program Files'

if you can figure out whats up with that, would be nice.. (but it seems the install did work, regardless.. we'll see)

The next version of the MSI package should fix that, it is still somewhat under construction.

I've updated the MSI package, does it work better now?

I've updated the MSI package, does it work better now?

Hi

It deploys OK for me apart from the desktop icon isn't right. The icon doesn't show and it doesn't have the full path to the exe, only the directory. The start menu one works fine.

Thanks

Paul

Hi, Flo.

Today i try to deploy a new package. File name is cdbxp_setup_4.2.4.1261.msi, but Help - About version 4.2.4.1264.

GPO installation works fine.

I still have event 119, when creating a new GP object. But other errors gone.

When login in windows in first time, cdb icon looks like "unknown". But after double-click and some installation process, it looks OK.

One question. When creating AIP with this version, i can't choose folder to unpack files. I found them in root folder (D), among my other files. It's hard to sort them). Can you include the dialog to choose AIP folder?

When deploying per GP, don't you want to predefine the target path?

Hi,

I have problem, when i deploy the msi by GPO, it dont work.

Installation well, but when I run the .lnk on desktop it crash. (need C:\APPDATA ???!!! )

if you want use installer2go to build last CDburnerXP.msi.

good work.

When deploying per GP, don't you want to predefine the target path?

You mean "C:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP" on clients? No, i don't need it. For what?

I just talk about stage, when unpack file by running "msiexec /a". Files unpacking in the root of the partition (D:\ for me ), not in the desired folder.

After deploying with GPO to the clients, CDBurnerXP is not able to find a device. Running as User with administrative privileges works. All users are member of the main user group.

pls. help...

majobu

Make sure that the NMSAccess service is installed properly.

I have this msi setup via group policy under the User configuration (as an published/optional install). After I installed it as a power user (who's rights were elevated to allow the install, also via group policy), the program starts fine, but once I click on "burn an iso" I got the below error.

I somehow got it to work on my physical desktop by loggin in as administrator, installing it, clicking "burn an iso" and then logging back in as my power user. But when I tried to re-create it on a VM I continued to get the error.

The drive(s) could not be initialized...

Great job, I have it installed only for few tens of minutes but I am very satisfied. It is too good to be a freeware.