Sign in to follow this  
floele

CDBurnerXP MSI package (beta)

Guest Waldo120   
Guest Waldo120

Has anyone succesfully deployed this on the user configuration side of group policy, rather then computer configuration side? Has anyone seen the below error when doing so?

The drive(s) could not be initialized...

floele   

You probably have to allow access to the drives for non admin users. One possibility is to make sure that the NMSAccess service is properly installed.

Guest Waldo120   
Guest Waldo120

I just realized. I'm using MS Virtual PC which means the CD drives aren't writable. So not really a good place to test since I'm guessing I will always get this error.

However, I was able to confirm that when I install as power user the service "NMSAccess" isn't installed, but it does when I install as administrator, which is why I still had trouble on my physical computer until I installed as administrator.

I've confirmed that [Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Installer > Always install with elevated privileges] is enabled.

Guest Waldo120   
Guest Waldo120

Not directly, but that did lead me to discover I can just enable Burning for Restricted users so I don't even need "NMSAccess" running, by editing the below group policy. Thanks. I will have to test this later tonight when I have another machine to test it on.

You wouldn't think it reading the explination, but ...

Enable

[Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options -> Devices: Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only]

Guest Mike in BXL   
Guest Mike in BXL

I'm technically challenged. I am trying to burn some music for my wife's ballet performance. I need to blend a part of one song onto another song. I cannot just burn each song next to each other.

I could not figure a way to do this on my Windows Media Player. Would I be able to do so with CDBurner XP

Guest foxysweetthing   
Guest foxysweetthing

I tried your program.. burning songs, but something does not seem right. I friend sent me his songs which are mp3's. When i burn them to a cd they all come out as 1KB. Any idea why?

Guest tarnilee   
Guest tarnilee

hey.

do you have a DVD burning thing that willl burn protected Dvds that u buy from the shops?

i brough a dvd recently and want to make a copy of it but it is protected and wont let me

Guest AztecRooster   
Guest AztecRooster

Unfortunately, it won’t deploy for me. : ( I don’t know what the problem is. I can deploy Java, Flash 10, Nod32, 7zip, Foxit Reader, etc. but CD Burner XP is not on the computer after I log in. However it shows up during deployment. After a restart, the computer tries to reinstall it, but still, nothing. What could be wrong? Any ideas? The software itself is great! Thank you for writing it! : )

Guest caramel   
Guest caramel

Enable

[Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options -> Devices: Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only]

It didn't help. Maybe I did something wrong. I believed it's my fault. I am going to try it again.

Simulation pret immobilier

Guest Lgbzone   
Guest Lgbzone

Hi

Thanks for the msi it's a great help and means that CDBurnerXP is most likely going to be the product we deploy within our organisation for writing discs, however i think it is preferable not to have the desktop shortcut created by the installer when deploying using GPO, what exists on the users desktop should be their choice, if the user deletes it then GP recreates it again, personally i would remove the desktop shortcut from the msi, if a user requires it they can create it.

I need to create a transform file to apply to the msi to remove the desktop shortcut, could you please tell me which properties within the msi control the desktop shortcut creation.

thanks

Guest Lgbzone   
Guest Lgbzone

Sorry, blonde moment, i removed the desktop entry from the shortcuts table using orca.

thanks again

Guest aldo figuero   
Guest aldo figuero

agredezco sobre manera poder bajar este sofware de grabacion, pues soy un jubilado ingeniero quimico de 68 años con una jubilacion mensual de 200 dolares, no me alcanza ni para vivir, me dedico a escribir novelas, cuentos, ensayos y enviarlos a concursos en España, solo ansio obtener un premio para salir de esta pobreza, saludo atte a Uds. Aldo Figuero

Guest granted   
Guest granted

how do i install NMS Access in the msi so i dont have to use nero burn rights

Nero BurnRights allows users without administrative rights to burn CDs. *Not* required if you install the NMS Access service during setup.

thanks

Guest granted   
Guest granted

can you make so that the MSI upgrades the old CDBurnerXP on the PC....

example. version 3 is installed on 300 PCs.

run the MSI for version 4.2.5 and it removes/upgrades version 3

thanks