Sign in to follow this  
mzilikazi

Buffer underruns

I am only trying this software out for the first time and experiencing severe buffer underruns. When trying to create an audio cd from .wav files the buffer only fills to approx. 25% before it starts burning! The box I use is 400Mhz w/ 256M RAM & win2k pro. CD-RW drive is external USB Sony CRW-5224A 52x. Under Linux I have no problems burning on a 400Mhz w/ 128M w/ same drive so I doubt that it's a hardware issue. Why does the buffer not fill completely to 100% before it starts burning? I find that to be unusual. I have tried slowing the burn speed to 4x but still I get the buffer underrun. Is this a CDBurnerXP Pro problem or Windows problem?

Thanks.

Does the burned disc work? If so, there is no problem at all. This might be unusual, but as soon as it does not corrupt disc I suggest you don't have to care about that.